Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My '30s Style Fedora by Art!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I finally have a first class lid for my big head...
Art made this beauty for me in a 1930s style. It's granite grey with a midnight blue ribbon. The crown is about 5 1/4" with center dent. The brim is about 2 1/4 and the ribbon is 2 1/4". I started out with just very slight side dents but eventually I found my hand seeming to move of it's own will...a front pinch (not very tight) then appeared...the subconcious said "You need a pinch!"lol
greyfedorafronttn0.jpg

greyfedoraquarterviewke6.jpg

greyfedoraleftsidenc6.jpg

Many thanks to Art for his outstanding craftsmanship and for the patience he displayed in listening to what I wanted and making my hat just as I imagined it.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Color combo...cool

Sefton,

That is a fine looking hat!!! I have not asked in voice about pinching a

hat from Art...its soft like soft can be and the crown is high as high can be

and as

with the "Eddie G" photobyalan and i both could not resist pinching the crown.

Enjoy...you have a great hat.

WeeGee

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That is a very nice looking hat with a very nice bow. Congratulations!

I tried to keep a vintage Borsalino with just a center dent atop for style, but before too long, I had to put in some dents.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong wrote: "Looks like something Paul Muni wore in one of his films." I looked at many classics to get an idea for this hat and Paul Muni's films definately played a part. He wore some great hats and clothes"

WEEGEE, You're right about the felt...it's very soft. It flops around nicely in the wind yet it still goes back into shape easily. I'm really pleased with the felt.

Hemingway Jones, Thanks...I was originally going to get a plain black ribbon buy Art recommended the midnight blue and I'm glad that I listened. It makes a perfect look. Also I just love those T A L L ribbons!

Squid, Orwell is one of my very favorites too! I'm working my way through a 4 volume set of his Letters,reviews and journalism right now. Never saw a picture of him in a hat though. Oh well,nobody's perfect!;)

Hi Dan,
I don't have a good photo of myself with the hat on at the moment but I will try to get one posted soon. Thanks for the kind words all!

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
center dent center dent center dent dent dent,
center dent center dent center dent dent dent,
center dent center dent center dent dent dent'
center de-e-e-e-nt center dent dent DENT!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I have a very similar vintage hat. You have to put in a really deep center dent to get that reverse taper in the profile view. I've been experimenting with mine and I'm liking a diamon/c-crown in it, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97