Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 7X CB Stetson

LuisB

New in Town
Hello everyone,
IMG_7689.jpeg
IMG_7684.jpeg
IMG_7574.jpeg

I want to sale my vintage silverbelly 7X Clear Beaver Stetson hat. It's like new for its age. It seems to me that the hat is at least 50 years old. I have it in Mexico.
If someone is interested, we can talk to see if there is an agreement.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hola, Luis. De qué tamaño es, y dónde vives?
Now, in English, you are supposed to state an asking price for the hat. You are, of course, allowed to negotiate with buyers by private message, but have to name a figure to start with.

LuisB

New in Town
Hola Dr. Max, creo que es 6 7/8 porque soy 7 y me queda algo apretado. El sombrero está en Mty, Mx.

It doesn't have a tag, but I think it's 6 7/8. I'm a size 7 and this one fits me small. The hat is in Mty, Mx
If it fit me I wouldn't want to sell it, but I want to get one that really fits me. I think that a hat of tremendous quality and also that there are not many out there, is well worth $1000 dlls plus shipping.
Now, if anyone has a size 7-7 1/8 Stetson CB 7X and would like to trade, I'm willing to talk and see if we can work out a good deal for both of us.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Hi Luis,

It's a great hat, a later era 7X.

The friction you are going to run into is the same for everyone - not a lot of folks will fit into a 6 7/8. FWIW I have seen 7X CBs sell for between $80-600. The lower end is always from new sellers; the higher prices usually new buyers. The price depends on era (pre-60s being better) and size - 7 1/4 is the start point for higher demand.

All the best,
Daniel

Hola Dr. Max, creo que es 6 7/8 porque soy 7 y me queda algo apretado. El sombrero está en Mty, Mx.

It doesn't have a tag, but I think it's 6 7/8. I'm a size 7 and this one fits me small. The hat is in Mty, Mx
If it fit me I wouldn't want to sell it, but I want to get one that really fits me. I think that a hat of tremendous quality and also that there are not many out there, is well worth $1000 dlls plus shipping.
Now, if anyone has a size 7-7 1/8 Stetson CB 7X and would like to trade, I'm willing to talk and see if we can work out a good deal for both of us.

LuisB

New in Town
Hey Daniel,

I agree. Many folks looking for sizes between 7-7 1/4 and btw almost all the vintage hats I have seen sadly are 6 7/8. I understand this hat is from the late 60s early 70s, but I am not an expert on the subject, I only know that it is more than 40 years old.

All the best,

Luis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner