Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero 1930s Half Belt

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Hey everyone. I finally took some half decent pictures of my new Aero jacket. I posted some pictures in other threads but thought this deserves its own being that it's such a significant investment for me. This is my second Aero and by far my favorite. I believe this is what they call the "Slim Fit". I ordered it through Thurston Bros in May and got it a month later. All brass hardware, OD stitching and Buchanon Blue tartan. The color is very dark brown FQHH. Crafted by Julie Leitch. I want your opinions on the fit. Personally I think the fit is perfect for me. It is tighter in the chest and shoulders than my other Aero which is good because I don't have a lot of meat on my bones!

Back length was specified as 24". It measures 23.25" which is great.
Sleeve length is 24.5"
For reference I'm 5 feet 4" and 115 pounds soaking wet.

I've worn it everyday around the house since Tuesday.
DSC_0035_01 (800x533).jpg
DSC_0037 (800x533).jpg
DSC_0036_01 (800x533).jpg
DSC_0031_01 (567x800).jpg
DSC_0034 (560x800).jpg
DSC_0032 (547x800).jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's great - you did a great job with the measurements - it is not always easy to get a leather jacket to fit so well at your height.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s some of the nicest brown CXL I have seen in a while. Fit looks good to me, now you just need to wear the “new” out of it. Enjoy!

MondoFW

Practically Family
Brother, I feel you with the height and weight thing. I'm a very thin man, and the most common deal breaker on jackets is the shoulder width. Every time! Mission success on this jacket, by the way. But why do I feel like you already knew it was excellent and you just had to show off? ;)

Edward

Bartender
Lovely red undertones in that jacket, great stuff. The lining works especially well with that shade. I need to et off me bum and sell a few jackets so I can get onto the 30s hb project I have in mind....

sweetfights

Hey everyone. I finally took some half decent pictures of my new Aero jacket. I posted some pictures in other threads but thought this deserves its own being that it's such a significant investment for me. This is my second Aero and by far my favorite. I believe this is what they call the "Slim Fit". I ordered it through Thurston Bros in May and got it a month later. All brass hardware, OD stitching and Buchanon Blue tartan. The color is very dark brown FQHH. Crafted by Julie Leitch. I want your opinions on the fit. Personally I think the fit is perfect for me. It is tighter in the chest and shoulders than my other Aero which is good because I don't have a lot of meat on my bones!

Sleeve length is 24.5"

I've worn it everyday around the house since Tuesday. View attachment 121882 View attachment 121883 View attachment 121884 View attachment 121885 View attachment 121886 View attachment 121887

I hope mine turns out that nice. But mine will be steer/black.
Again- that is a lifetime keeper.

Jerry Cornelius

New in Town

Sleeve length is 24.5"

I've worn it everyday around the house since Tuesday. View attachment 121882 View attachment 121883 View attachment 121884 View attachment 121885 View attachment 121886 View attachment 121887
Beautiful jacket. Great colour & bang-on fit.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful jacket. I would always advise first-time Aero buyers to go with brown Horween (CXL or FQHH) - you're guaranteed to love the results.

bvinh

New in Town
I'm your height. I'm amazed that you pulled this off so well. A 30's half-belt makes me look so short. Well done!

ProteinNerd

Perfect fit goes without saying...but that colour....wow!

I’ve never seen the Aero brown look that rich...I mean its always been a gorgeous colour but this is next level...

Do we know if this is just a one off batch or did they change something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot