Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero D-1

Deacon211

One Too Many
I wonder if B-6s were patched and painted as the A-2s. That would be a cool looking jacket!

Here is a D1 from my collection that is painted. I think it is one of the coolest sheepskins I own and is still sturdy enough to take out on a winter walk once or twice a year. The squadron patch is from the 615TH Bomb Sqdn 401 BG. The bombs on the back have the missions listed but are very faded with time.
View attachment 31252 View attachment 31253

That is outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powersci

One of the Regulars
Big J,

I ordered the B-6 when I was a bit skinner and 38 was my go-to size for all outerwear. Although I've since gained weight, my B-6 still fits. I wanted a D-1 still and I wanted to size up, not knowing that the D-1 had a looser fit. I ordered a 40 and I find the fit to be very comfortable. It's not as form fitting as you see in the B-6; the B-6 has more of a V shape cut to it while the D-1 does not. You can see this in my fit pic of the B-6 and in the pic of the lining: you can see the seams coming together near the bottom of the jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Next time I'm over at the factory, I'm going to have to give them all a go - need to work out which shearling I 'need'. :eeek::D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto