Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero Plainsman in battered horsehide

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Isn't battered horsehide FQHH as well or does it come from a different part of the animal. I assumed that battered horsehide was just FQHH that had been treated in some way to look older than it actually is.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That looks great. Elegant and clean are apt descriptions. It looks way better than the one on the website, which never really appealed to me until seeing yours. A very successful project indeed. Wear it in good health!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks way better than the one on the website

I have to agree, while I quite liked the battered seal as pictured on the website, this looks much more versatile. Thats a fantastic result for a first order, especially with such little actual info out there about the design and leather!

I'd still love to hear from someone some more details on how exactly this cut differs from the premier half belt, or is it essentially a premier HB with an extra inch or two in length?

tropicalbob

Very nice jacket. Perhaps this is a dopey question, but what's the difference between "battered FQHH" and a FQHH jacket that you've had for three years and battered yourself? I ask this because the leather on yours looks very much like my old LHB.

ProteinNerd

I've asked this before, apparently while it is FQHH, its a little thinner and lighter, closer to their MWHH or perhaps in between the two.

dan_t

Practically Family
Very nice!
I do like the simple lines of the design & the cuffs that you have chosen compliment it very well.
The colour of the brown is perfect too.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
As they would say back home, "sweet as bro" ;)

Absolutely beautiful looking jacket and as the multitudes have already opined, the perfect fit.

Wear and enjoy.

trapp

Practically Family
Thank you for your comments. Reading the threads on the Fedora Lounge taught me a lot.
I am already planning a second jacket, more for spring-summer weather.
Trapp, i am 5ft10 and the back of the jacket is 27". I would need to measure the front, as i did not specify when i ordered the jacket.

Yup, I was going to guess 26.5, which is the length of a actual 40s jacket I own with a very similar fit (but a design more akin to the Wayfarer). These 'longer than short' jackets are really my favorites these days and your photos remind me why. Enjoy that one!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your comments. Reading the threads on the Fedora Lounge taught me a lot.
I am already planning a second jacket, more for spring-summer weather.
Trapp, i am 5ft10 and the back of the jacket is 27". I would need to measure the front, as i did not specify when i ordered the jacket.

Plainsman, I am about 4" taller than you, and my Teamster with a 28.5" back length probably functions more or less the same as your new jacket. For your second jacket for spring-summer weather, consider a Maxwell (or Mulligan) in black goat lined with cotton drill throughout with a 25.5" back length. ;) If I were allowed to keep only two jackets, I would choose my Teamster and Maxwell.

plainsman

Familiar Face
Plainsman, I am about 4" taller than you, and my Teamster with a 28.5" back length probably functions more or less the same as your new jacket. For your second jacket for spring-summer weather, consider a Maxwell (or Mulligan) in black goat lined with cotton drill throughout with a 25.5" back length. ;) If I were allowed to keep only two jackets, I would choose my Teamster and Maxwell.
Fanch, i saw the nice photos of your jacket in black goat and it made me consider goat. Based on your experience with it and horsehide, how does the Aero goat compare to horsehide in terms of weight, appearance, and water resistance (it is veg-tanned, so potentially could be damaged by rain)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner