Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Black Federation Just Arrived

Barb

One of the Regulars
Wow, was that ever fast service.

barbs_fed.jpg

Barb

One of the Regulars
That crease/bash took seconds

Just so I could try it on with some "style". It was easy. I'll fiddle with it more after work. And then maybe more pix.

I love this hat. It is comfortable and not too heavy on my head.

And I really want to thank the folks here for encouraging me and giving me "support" and coddling :) -I don't think I would have done this without everyone's encouragement.

(I wouldn't even have known where to look for a hat like this without this forum. And Hats Direct is one great company. A lot of US companies could learn about customer service from them. Or maybe the entire "hat industry" is just better than any other industry!)

Barb

RBH said:
I like it!!!!
What are your thoughts? And how was it putting the crease in?
MORE PHOTOS!!!!!

Barb

One of the Regulars
Wore it to the Mall and turned heads

Went to pick up a ring I had resized and wore the Fed to the local mall. Both men and women looked.

Stopped in Macy's at the Chanel counter on way back to car to get a lipstick. Gal at counter wants a hat like mine to wear with full length black leather trench coat. I've got a pretty stylish black leather coat myself, so I'm hoping it gets cooler so I can wear it with my Black Fed.

Colby Jack, Not-Bogart13, and Edward (and everyone) thanks for the kind comments.

Thinking now I really should get the Akubra CEO in Fern Green to go with my camel's hair, brown and walnut leather jackets and khaki jackets. And/or another Fed in Tawny Fawn (and and and).

This is more fun (and cheaper) than my Coach handbag habit. Hmmmn. :p

Barb

One of the Regulars
More Pix, hatbox, bashing fun

I found a great hatbox at Burlington Coat Factory Outlet for my Black Fed.

I'm trying a custom near diamond bash (in progress) and generally having fun. So here are 3 additional pix for those that asked for "more".

blackfed.jpg

almostdiamond.jpg

hatbox.jpg

Barb

One of the Regulars
Well, I definitely

Am a "Girly Girl" ;-)

Since I plan on expanding my hat collection of fine fedoras, I'm going to buy a couple more of these boxes so I can "stack" them. They are $6 to $9 at Burlington Coat Factory Outlet - can't beat that price for something to protect my hats.

Bruneau said:
That box is even girly, Girl. :D Nice, but I'd have to fight my hats to get em in it. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany