Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Boyd's Fonzie Jacket!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that was fast shipping. My vintage Boyds Fonz jacket arrived today. Just outa the box it looked just like the pics posted in the other thread. I was nervous trying it on, I was afraid it wouldn't fit. But thankfully it fit perfect. Here's a couple pics. MY congrats to James who restored it, he did a fantastic job. The leather has some real character with all the graining.

And thanks to Rusty who sold it at a fantastic price, I believe he just registered to be a member here now. And in certain lighting it does look blackish, but as you can see in the natural outdoor light, it is a dark brown.

Sorry Peacoat, but unless I can't pay my bills at sometime in the future, I'll be hanging onto this one.

jackets004.jpg

jackets005.jpg

fedoralover

Edward

Bartender
Nice - it looks like that brown that's almost black, a la th look of Indy's jacket in some shots, or some of the images of Steve Macqueen's Great Escape A2.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
LOOKING GOOD!

Fedoralover,

Man... that jacket is you. Fits pretty good. That jacket has nice graining and it's not stiff at all. I just wish it would of fit me. Lifting weights for 20 years and then stopping, it's hard to find a vintage jacket that is in my size like that one. I did find one but they wanted 500.00 and thats just too much for me and then to restore it. I would go broke. Thank God for AREO USA, I had them make me two of them in my size.

That jacket looks good on you. I wish you the best and hope it lasts another 60 years. Oh... does it still have the cloth tag in the pocket.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
James Miller said:
Fedoralover,

Man... that jacket is you. Fits pretty good. That jacket has nice graining and it's not stiff at all. I just wish it would of fit me. Lifting weights for 20 years and then stopping, it's hard to find a vintage jacket that is in my size like that one. I did find one but they wanted 500.00 and thats just too much for me and then to restore it. I would go broke. Thank God for AREO USA, I had them make me two of them in my size.

That jacket looks good on you. I wish you the best and hope it lasts another 60 years. Oh... does it still have the cloth tag in the pocket.

James, I just checked the pocket and yes the size 42 tag and the Amalgamated Union label is there.
This jacket is the perfect dark seal brown I love. The graining looked even better in person. I almost hate to tell you that I got the jacket for $150. You can see why I couldn't pass at that price. I'm a very happy camper. A black one can wait.

fedoralover

rgraham

A-List Customer
fedoralover said:
Then you'll love this pic from my back yard as well.
8d030edd.jpg

fedoralover

Wow, what part of the Great Northwest can you grow bamboo that size?

We used to have some kind of bamboo that grew pretty tall and dense when I was a kid. We'd climb up a tree and jump down into it like a big cloud. Never fell through to the ground. I am grateful that we never got skewered by the punji sticks left over from the dead stalks.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Sometimes Good Deals Come along.

fedoralover said:
James, I just checked the pocket and yes the size 42 tag and the Amalgamated Union label is there.
This jacket is the perfect dark seal brown I love. The graining looked even better in person. I almost hate to tell you that I got the jacket for $150. You can see why I couldn't pass at that price. I'm a very happy camper. A black one can wait.

fedoralover

Fedoralover,

I'm glad you got a good deal. I emailed one of the guys on ebay and told him if no one buys it I'll buy it back. So I'm glad you got it. I would hate to get it and have to look at it and not able to wear it. Not to worry I have a few more that size. I may restore them if not I'll take them to the Salvation Army.
I had to many jacket so every so often I'll take and donate them. At one time I started to buy evey vintage jacket I could get my hand on and them my wife jumped in and said hold it buddy! I'll say no more.

Again Nice Jacket and I'm glad someone appreciates it and will wear it. That jacket is you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails