Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My broken in Highwayman (about 3 months)

Navin323i

Practically Family
kyboots said:
Navin that wasn't me but my wife and daughter would kill me if HH. She also doesn't want to know the cost. John

Sorry for me confusing you with someone else. Though if your wife and daughter ever find out your jacket is HH, simply tell them these 2 things to avoid them killing you:

1) The law here in the U.S. is that the horse must be dead of natural causes before their hide can be taken from them, so it's not like the horse was intentionally killed for its hide.

2) If your wife and daughter are ok with cowhide leather then tell them it's no different using horsehide instead of cowhide... same principle... the hide is taken from the animals after it's dead. However if they're against all types of leather then you're in trouble, my friend. :D

kyboots

Practically Family
HH

Problem is: horses unfortunately still die of "scheduled" natural causes in this country. This continues to be a serious problem, but I am off topic and do not want to create a problem or "issue". As I stated I still wear a HH Aero and I sincerely doubt that Aero buys from the US and that reputable firms like Aero know from whom to purchase. Right now Kentucky is the center of the horse universe as the World Equestrian Games are going on here until Oct. 10. First time EVER held outside of Europe. So I will leave it with that comment, and wear cow leather to the events until its over. I am glad you did point out the law, as I suspect many people were not aware. I still like Griff's jacket! Sorry Griff we got distracted! John

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Windward said:
BTW - I've already ordered one of my next AERO with the tan cotton lining because it looks great in combination with the brown HH - do you have any signs of wear with the lining?

I inspected the lining and there is no sign of wear. I dont think its even gonna show up on a photo.
The cotton has only gotten a small amount of shine and also got some indigo from my dry denims but thats all. I havent been using the jacket closed alot tho so only time will tell.

Psioga1jxg

New in Town
Great Fit

You and your jacket look great. I see pictures of people in their Aero's that look to wide or to small but you look like like you were made for the jacket. Thanks for the pics.
John G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran