Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Cheyenne

Dav

One Too Many
My black steerhide Cheyenne arrived today:D
First impressions were Wow what a beast, this hide seems considerably heavier than my FQHH Highwayman and is going to take some taming, which I'm looking forward to.
The order was placed on 27th august for
Black steerhide Cheyenne
Size 40
32" body
27.5" arms
No handwarmer pockets
Facing pockets left and right
Sleeves lined with cotton drill overlayed with black sateen
Body lined with alpaca, which I later requested also be overlayed with the sateen
I didn't ask for the storm cuffs to be left out but I didn't ask for them specificly either, so no problem.
I know some of you will say "why didn't you have a leather strip round the hem" to be honest I don't know, I just didn't.
Anyway here's some pictures, hope you like it.:)
S1052334.jpg

S1052338.jpg

S1052365.jpg

S1052360.jpg

S1052364.jpg

S1052352.jpg

S1052355.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Dav: the fit is perfect. You wear it very well. I've had a jacket in Aero's heavy steerhide and as for taming, you'll need a whip, a chair, and pistol to get that mutha settled down. But, what fun doing it! Congrats on a great coat.

Peacoat

Bartender
Looks like they have already made friends. I would be leery of that relationship, though. Nice jacket--looks a treat.* Start bending your arms with the jacket on, and the sleeves will loosen pretty quickly. Of course you probably already know that, having broken in the FQHH.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Wow, I ordered my Cheyenne on May 4th and got an ill fitting one toward the end of Oct. Still waiting for the alterations.

Never can figure out what affects delivery time.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Awesome jacket, awesome fit. I was leery when I saw the 27.5" arm length, but you're a tall guy and the sleeves look perfect! Great jacket!!!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wow, I ordered my Cheyenne on May 4th and got an ill fitting one toward the end of Oct. Still waiting for the alterations.

S,

You'll do better with Aero if you stick to their slim fitting jackets--i.e. the cafe' racer, the 30's half belt, most all of the moto jackets except the Highwayman, etc. You're a slim guy, so you need a slim fit. Aero makes that fit, but only in some of their jackets.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread...Great jacket!!!

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey Dav;

Sweet jacket man; superb fit as well!
I know your Highwayman is HH and is shorter, but I'd like to know the weight difference in the two jackets. I've always believed Aero's heavy steer is heavier than their FQHH.

You done good Dav!

Regards, coffee

Thanks.
I'm expecting my Cheyenne any day now...supposedly.
Looks like they really nailed the fit.
Did you size down any? In talking to Amanda, I noted I would not be wearing a sweater or heavy sweatshirt underneath the coat. She recommended going down one size (From a 44 to a 42).

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
That fit is perfect, shoulder seams right where they should be, ...nothing worse than seeing shoulder seams hanging an inch or two off the shoulder which seems to be endemic for some reason.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great jacket Dav, the style suits you and the fit is spot on. I've only ever held a sample of Aero's heavy steer, but I was shocked at the weight and thickness of it. A long style like the Cheyenne must have some serious heft to it - it must feel like you're stepping into suitcase! Truly a coat that will last a lifetime (or two) :)

The delivery is perfect timing - looks like we are in for cold snap this weekend, might even get a bit of snow. Enjoy the break in and post another pic when you've tamed it a bit :)

Cheers

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Wow that looks awesome. I had a short Highwayman in heavy steer so I can really feel the stiffness right through my monitor. Really cool. I kinda miss the extremely thick and smooth steerhide.

I love the overlaying with black sateen, very nice.

The fit is spot on!! Man you look sharp!

Dav

One Too Many
Dav: the fit is perfect. You wear it very well. I've had a jacket in Aero's heavy steerhide and as for taming, you'll need a whip, a chair, and pistol to get that mutha settled down. But, what fun doing it! Congrats on a great coat.
Cheers Jack

Looks like they have already made friends. I would be leery of that relationship, though. Nice jacket--looks a treat.* Start bending your arms with the jacket on, and the sleeves will loosen pretty quickly. Of course you probably already know that, having broken in the FQHH.
Thanks Peacoat, don't worry about the relationship they are keeping it in the closet.

Sensational jacket Dav!
Great fit as well!
Nice addition to your collection!
Well done!
Cheers 1087

Never can figure out what affects delivery time.
I think it's one of lifes great mysteries

Awesome jacket, awesome fit. I was leery when I saw the 27.5" arm length, but you're a tall guy and the sleeves look perfect! Great jacket!!!
Cheers Mojo, 27.5" does sound long but my Highwayman has shortened by about 1.5" so I thought I'd add another 1".

Hey Dav;

Sweet jacket man; superb fit as well!
I know your Highwayman is HH and is shorter, but I'd like to know the weight difference in the two jackets. I've always believed Aero's heavy steer is heavier than their FQHH.

You done good Dav!

Regards, coffee
Hi Coffee, I don't have any way to accuratly the jackets I'm afraid, all I can say is it a lot heavier than the Highwayman.

Well done Dav, lovely jacket!

Love the last two photos, very amusing ;)
Cheers Smithy
Thanks.
I'm expecting my Cheyenne any day now...supposedly.
Looks like they really nailed the fit.
Did you size down any? In talking to Amanda, I noted I would not be wearing a sweater or heavy sweatshirt underneath the coat. She recommended going down one size (From a 44 to a 42).
Yes Jeff I sized down to 40 from 42, my chest is 41/42.5 in a shirt.

That fit is perfect, shoulder seams right where they should be, ...nothing worse than seeing shoulder seams hanging an inch or two off the shoulder which seems to be endemic for some reason.
Cheers Bonneville

Great jacket Dav, the style suits you and the fit is spot on. I've only ever held a sample of Aero's heavy steer, but I was shocked at the weight and thickness of it. A long style like the Cheyenne must have some serious heft to it - it must feel like you're stepping into suitcase! Truly a coat that will last a lifetime (or two) :)

The delivery is perfect timing - looks like we are in for cold snap this weekend, might even get a bit of snow. Enjoy the break in and post another pic when you've tamed it a bit :)

Cheers
Thanks Cooperson
Wow that looks awesome. I had a short Highwayman in heavy steer so I can really feel the stiffness right through my monitor. Really cool. I kinda miss the extremely thick and smooth steerhide.

I love the overlaying with black sateen, very nice.

The fit is spot on!! Man you look sharp!

Cheers Griff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy