Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Cheyenne

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Dav- jacket looks and fits really great. The steerhide looks incredibly heavy, already showing nice grain and will only get better. I understand the overlay in the sleeves makes the arms slide easier but what is the purpose of the sateen overlay in the body?

Still waiting for my FQHH Highwayman to arrive, ordered the beginning of Sept.. So I was glad to see your jacket arrived but then again you never can figure out Aero's delivery times.. BTW I'm really starting to like the look of Aero's steerhide.. already thinking about my next Aero.

Dav

One Too Many
Dav- jacket looks and fits really great. The steerhide looks incredibly heavy, already showing nice grain and will only get better. I understand the overlay in the sleeves makes the arms slide easier but what is the purpose of the sateen overlay in the body?
Thanks Chi-Town, I added the sateen to the body for an extra layer of warmth as I don't find the alpaca to be that warm on it's own. I thought sheerling would be to warm for my purposes. Having walked the dog a couple of times in it I can say it is noticably warmer than the alpaca only.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Dav, that's one great looking jacket. The fit is quite trim (something I really like) and the hide appears to be very thick. I've seen and handled a number of steerhide Aeros in the past and especially the black ones can be so much thicker and heavier than FQHH. The leather of your Cheyenne looks incredible!
The Cheyenne really is a classic jacket. It's not too vintage in appearance that it commands a certain "dress code" (like a 1930s HB does). It should go well with most items of classic mens wear and it doesn't require you to wear dry selvedge denim, western shirts and '30s work boots exclusively...
Great choice!

BTW: You don't need a bottom hem leather strip on this specific jacket because the hem is below your bum. Therefore there's almost no friction which could cause premature wear. I checked my goatskin Cheyenne last week and it showed ZERO signs of wear. In fact the lining still looks brand new. No creases, no folds!

EDIT: I've just realized the cool blue moleskin pocket lining. I think that cloth is in fact a German made product from Krefeld

Last edited:

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Congratulation Dav!! This is a real beautiful jacket that suits you very well. I like you brown jacket, but this one looks more serious. Perhaps longer jacket look over all more seroius....

I would like to see it in half a year.

Regards

Olli

Dav

One Too Many
Thought I'd post a couple of pictures to try an show how the grain is starting to pop out after only a few days wear.
011.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Unfortunately I've got to send it back as the stitching on the left pocket has failed, oh well I'm confident it will be repaired satisfactorily. Still most annoying.
008.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Great looking jacket - I love Aero's steer; rich, dark, glossy.... lovely hide. Deserves as much recognition as the FQHH, IMO.

EDIT: I've just realized the cool blue moleskin pocket lining. I think that cloth is in fact a German made product from Krefeld

Funnily enough, it looked German to me - I associate that particular blue with the typical blue lining of a lot of the jackets used by Luftwaffe pilots from that period.

Dav

One Too Many
New pictures

Just thought I would add a few pictures after a few months wear.
S1052799-Copy.jpg

S1052800.jpg

S1052818.jpg

S1052840.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to edit the thread title?

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks gents for the compliments.
As for the stitching issue, I was very pleased with the outcome. I sent the jacket back on a Monday with 24hr delivery but due to bad weather in Scotland it did not arrive with Aero until Thursday. It was back with me eight days later fully repaired and when I contacted the post office about the delay in delivery they refunded my money plus £5 compensation.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy