Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first AERO (1930s Halfbelt) is on the way!!!

andy richards

Practically Family
It's here!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

The jacket is fabulous! My first impression is the goat is beautiful. It is quite stiff. The buckles on the side needed to be loosened all the way, otherwise it would have been too tight. No worries. Body length and arm length seem to be good. The overall fit is quite trim, armholes are high. I am still in shock it is actually here. Total cost was 580 GBP *plus* another 30 USD due upon delivery to the UPS guy!!
Made by Vicki.
HC

Any chance we see pics this year?
Can't wait to see your jacket...
Andy

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Any chance we see pics this year?
Can't wait to see your jacket...
Andy

I will try to get some pics up soon! The holiday season has been busy in the baby business!

Just FYI my jacket is almost an exact copy of Jan's fab jacket here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show......A-very-serious-pictorial-review&highlight=

I believe the only difference I requested is that I left off the throat latch and have internal G1/gun pockets bilaterally. The jacket was made by Vickie.

One difference that I DID NOT ask for is that mine has a yolked back and Jan has a plain back? I am not sure *exactly* how I feel about that yet.

HC

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Well, that's what you get when you don't ask for a plain back, I am afraid. The 30s HB has a yoke, the 50s HB hasn't. I am pretty sure Jan asked for a plain back and forgot to mention it here.
I have a 30s HB on order as well and I actually like it much better with the yoke than without. Enjoy your jacket, holdencain. This way you have a unique jacket and not a clone of Jan's. ;)

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Well, that's what you get when you don't ask for a plain back, I am afraid. The 30s HB has a yoke, the 50s HB hasn't. I am pretty sure Jan asked for a plain back and forgot to mention it here.
I have a 30s HB on order as well and I actually like it much better with the yoke than without. Enjoy your jacket, holdencain. This way you have a unique jacket and not a clone of Jan's. ;)

Oh, I didn't meant to imply I was unhappy. I guess the use of CAPITALS and *asterisks could be misunderstood as unhappy. No so. Actually my fiancee remarked on the back when I first put it on..."I like the back".
And I really don't know enough about all this to care. I relied so much on the FL crew to help direct me. And Jan in particular was awesome. Right now I am just trying to wear it as much as possible to get some of the stiffness out.
HC

andy richards

Practically Family
I will try to get some pics up soon! The holiday season has been busy in the baby business!

Just FYI my jacket is almost an exact copy of Jan's fab jacket here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show......A-very-serious-pictorial-review&highlight=

I believe the only difference I requested is that I left off the throat latch and have internal G1/gun pockets bilaterally. The jacket was made by Vickie.

One difference that I DID NOT ask for is that mine has a yolked back and Jan has a plain back? I am not sure *exactly* how I feel about that yet.

HC

Well, IMHO, these jackets looks best with a yolked back. I think it gives the jacket much more charactere and more stylish too...
Andy

Cooperson

One Too Many
Hope you are enjoying breaking in your new Aero holdencain. I'm sure there are many here who would still like to see it - any chance of some photos? Would really like to see how it fits - seriously considering the 30's halfbelt for my next project. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael