Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Aero

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Love 'em: they keep the chill out in winter and can dress up smart when need be - people used to nick my LHB in the office just so they could try it on. I'd say you've got to have at least one in your collection.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
http://aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2215

That is a tempting jacket. Got a bit of 70's pimp vibe too. What do you guys think about longer jackets? I'm contemplating one down the road...

I love that jacket Scott. I have one very similar, in cordovan. It's a cheaper brand, have had it for several years. It has a bit of a " fight club" vibe. I used to wear it everywhere. When I saw this jacket released I fell in love with it. It's a cracker.

Panacheman

Familiar Face
The kangaroo leather is about as thick as the FQH but it feels more dense then both the horse and the steer. Its not as soft and flexible as the goat but more flexible then the FQH. Unless I miss my guess my jacket will look a bit like a buttoned wayfarer with its western yolk. I love the longer jackets always have probably always will. the shorter jacket have a very masculin feel about them something you would expect a hard hitting muscle bound hero to wear where as the longer jackets had a bit more dramatic feel to them more reluctant or anti-hero too them.

In other news good news from holly this week my jacket is 6 weeks away. which means it should arrive just after exams.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Love 'em: they keep the chill out in winter and can dress up smart when need be - people used to nick my LHB in the office just so they could try it on. I'd say you've got to have at least one in your collection.

I agree. My first Aero was an LHB. Still my favorite by far.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm really looking forward to seeing this jacket.....I hope that both your exams, and your jacket come out deluxe. Don't forget to post pics ASAP! I'm frothing at the chops to see this kangaroo number.

Peacoat

Bartender
http://aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2215

That is a tempting jacket. Got a bit of 70's pimp vibe too. What do you guys think about longer jackets? I'm contemplating one down the road...

My only problem with them is that the longer length makes it more difficult to get to the pockets for keys, money, billfold, etc., especially the FQHH in cold weather when the HH stiffens up. Evidently others don't have this problem?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's precisely what I like the most about my LHB: the pockets are perfect for everything I carry, particularly when travelling. When zipped, it lies so close to the body that there's virtually no trouble getting anything out of my pants pockets. Also, I.ve never had a problem with HH in colder weather, as body temps keep it pliable.

Lemon328i

New in Town
Hey Panacheman, how did your jacket turn out? I'm very tempted to go kangaroo too, but Carrie suggest Vicenza instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran