Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first attemp at "Rebuilding" a fedora....What do you guys think??

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Tampahound said:
Outstanding! Is this really your first attempt?!

This is the first time that I have "taken apart" a hat. I usually steam and reshape the crowns of all my hats and sometimes reshape the crowns that I reshaped not to long ago. I really enjoy working with my hands and hats, so doing something like this combines both of those two passions together. I just have to learn how to stitch sweatbands and tie ribbon bows from scratch and I should be able to redo a lot of my other beaters too.

Viper Man

Banned
FYI, There is an awesome tutorial around here somewhere that shows you how to tack ribbon and make a bow. I have had great success using that technique with "invisible" thread.

Excellent job by the way!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Viper Man said:
FYI, There is an awesome tutorial around here somewhere that shows you how to tack ribbon and make a bow. I have had great success using that technique with "invisible" thread.

Excellent job by the way!

Cool Viper Man, thanks. I will check it out and hopefully be able to make a bow real soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart