Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Custom Hat

undertaker

Practically Family
Gentlemen,

I recieved my first Art Fawcett custom fedora in the mail today:D . I am very, very, pleased with his creation. It has a 5 3/4 crown with a 2 3/4 brim and is the Granite color. I told Art to chose the ribbon and he did a great job. I really like the small contrasting color on the bow. Art said he would keep it toned down so I could wear it in my "professional capacity" and that he did, the contrast is just enough. The felt is much softer than my St. Regis Stetsons, kinda makes me think that I might get rid of them, then again, maybe I'll just keep them tolol lol . I could not be more pleased as we would say here in Tennessee I'm just tickled to death with it. :eusa_clap Thanks Art!!!:eusa_clap

ArtFawcettCustom001.jpg

ArtFawcettCustom002.jpg

I will Try to get a picture of me in the hat later. I have been under my Desoto all day today and I don't want to get this beauty dirty.:)

Regards,
J.S.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
I think it is too flashy for an undertaker....and you should not wear it...

it is the right color and maybe the right size, just send it to me, i can wear that real flashy stuff....lol lol lol

very sharp, very sharp....and may I say when you have a Masonic funeral, you are going to make some jealous Brothers out there wearing that hat...

I love my Art Fawcett hats and I reallly like yours too...

best regards,

mark the shoeshine boy

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You've got a terrific hat there! Speaking as a Lutheran pastor, who displays his own fedoras, the red accent on the bow isn't flashy, it's a touch of the Pentecost season liturgical color, for a spirit filled Baptist preacher of a Lounge brother. "Be faithful unto death and I will give you...", you know the rest, and fitting words for such a chapeau!

dean
(LC-MS)

undertaker said:
Gentlemen,

I recieved my first Art Fawcett custom fedora in the mail today:D . I am very, very, pleased with his creation. It has a 5 3/4 crown with a 2 3/4 brim and is the Granite color. I told Art to chose the ribbon and he did a great job. I really like the small contrasting color on the bow. Art said he would keep it toned down so I could wear it in my "professional capacity" and that he did, the contrast is just enough. The felt is much softer than my St. Regis Stetsons, kinda makes me think that I might get rid of them, then again, maybe I'll just keep them tolol lol . I could not be more pleased as we would say here in Tennessee I'm just tickled to death with it. :eusa_clap Thanks Art!!!:eusa_clap

ArtFawcettCustom001.jpg

ArtFawcettCustom002.jpg

I will Try to get a picture of me in the hat later. I have been under my Desoto all day today and I don't want to get this beauty dirty.:)

Regards,
J.S.

That red in the middle of the ribbon is just the right accent. Art does it again. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J(biased hat lover)

metropd

One Too Many
I am also a Baptist Pastor and you know nothing is to flashy for us

not only an undertaker dressed to kill but a baptist minister with a sense of humor. Maybe the world will be a better place afterall.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Show me the way

metropd
not only an undertaker dressed to kill but a baptist minister with a sense of humor. Maybe the world will be a better place afterall.

Yes, if your showing me the way to anywhere i would prefer you be dressed well.lol

Razzman

One Too Many
Undertaker, you have a very classy looking hat. Wonderful color and ribbon combination. Congratulations are in order.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Well done.
It seems that Art has created another keeper, and another truly satisfied customer.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
undertaker said:
I am also a Baptist Pastor and you know nothing is to flashy for us ......lol lol lol lol

Thanks for all the kind comments gentlemen.

Regards,
J.S.

A flashy South East Tennesee Baptist Preacher in a new hat...I feel a Billy Sunday sermon coming on right now !!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You may have to remind us that coveting is wrong, sir. In here we tend to do it alot...with every new hat we see....lol

I tend to travel around Nashville and this year I was in the Smokies and all over that area...perhaps some day, the old hat wearering shoeshine boy may show up at one of your places...hopefully the church...

once again, great hat..post a pic of you wearing your hat next to your desoto...that is a timeless idea...

best regards,

mark the shoeshine boy
another fellow baptist.....yeah believe it or not....:D

ideaguy

One Too Many
"an undertaker dressed to kill" ??? one of the great lines of late. Kudos to Art
for yet another winner-I'm now so close to breaking down and ordering a great hat rather than chasing beaters it's comical.
Undertaker-wear it well, for once I really AM looking forward to seeing a hat on someones bean; you have the panache to carry off the look, and great style is always a visual treat for me. Thanks, both of you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner