Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first hat and post

RJJ

New in Town
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for the last 2 weeks or so and have learned a lot from reading threads around the fourms.

Well, it all started 2 weeks ago when we (wife, kids and I) went to see IJ (of course). I made the comment to my wife "I really want that hat", who doesn't right? But I meant as a joke more than anything else, only because I never thought she would get one for me. Well, she knows that I have been wanting to wears hats for a long time I've just never bought one. So her and my daughter thought that would be a great FD gift. So tonight (I know, it's not Fathers Day yet) they presented me with a Scala Indiana Jones Fedora.

It's not a Fed IV, but it really is a very nice hat. A little big on the sides (I guess I'm a bit of a long oval), but nothing a little sizing tape can't take care of.

Best of all she's already mentioned looking around on Ebay to see what we can find since she knows that I would like more than one hat. I think she may be waiting to see if I will really wear it out side and when I go to work. I have news for her I'm really going to. You'd think she would know after 18 years (i'm 45 by the way) that I really don't care what others think (except for her....maybe lol ).

Sorry I don't have a way to post pics at the moment, but as soon as I can I will.

Mark G

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge! Now you're hooked... you've gone past the event horizon of the millinery black hole and there's no turning back.

I have to say it's impossible to stop at one.

Magus

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
Hiya RJJ & welcome aboard! FYI, there are no decent vintage 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 hats on eBay , no use in wasting time looking. ;)

Exactly...I never ever bought a 39 Borsolino, mint condition for $65 off there...really...so...ummm.....stay away ..ahhh.....from..that....errrrr place.

please?

lol

Great to have you here and enjoy the stay! Oh...and the hats...my wife says mine have their own room. How much is enough? "Just one more!"

Magus

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Lounge. You're very lucky to have a spouse who loves hat too. Your wife is a minority I guess lol lol I think most of the loungers' wives don't quite like hat addiction lol lol at least they're quite disturbed to some extent... lol lol lol

But your wife buys you a hat... even before you initiate wearing it, that's superb!!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
RJJ said:
You'd think she would know after 18 years (i'm 45 by the way) that I really don't care what others think (except for her....maybe lol ).

Spoken like a true Lounger... with the compulsory wife caveat of course....:D :eek:

RJJ

New in Town
Rick Blaine said:
Hiya RJJ & welcome aboard! FYI, there are no decent vintage 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 hats on eBay , no use in wasting time looking. ;)

Ah...your jedi mind tricks won't work on me. ;) Actually I've already seen a couple but did not win the bid unfortunately.

Yohanes said:
Welcome to the Lounge. You're very lucky to have a spouse who loves hat too. Your wife is a minority I guess lol lol I think most of the loungers' wives don't quite like hat addiction lol lol at least they're quite disturbed to some extent... lol lol lol

But your wife buys you a hat... even before you initiate wearing it, that's superb!!!

Yea, she's great. Shes known for awhile that I wanted to start a collection, but she never really thought I looked good in them. The only hats shes ever seen me try on though were wide brimmed cowboy hats (this is Texas after all). I did have to agree with her though as I think the narrower brims look better on me.

Jfala said:
RJJ,

Welcome. And don't forget to get your wife something - helps to grease the wheels a little :D

I got her a DVR for Mother's Day so she wouldn't miss any of her "realty" shows. She's quite happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic