1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

My First Leather Jacket Journey

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sree, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Sree

Sree New in Town

@Fanch: you got me back into thinking again. I looked at this photo and it appears of too much slanting on the pocket, then we are speaking of both sides in my case.

linerilike2.jpg

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

This revised plan looks to be perfect. The slanted chest zips give it a bit of edge which is cool as do the sleeve zip placements. This is a winner. Please share the finished product and try to savor the agonizing wait period that comes to a bittersweet end when you finally get to wear it.

3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The angle is a bit steeper on a half belt. You're jacket will have them only slightly cat-eyed.

BobJ likes this.
  4. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Was about to say the same thing. The slanted pockets will add a bit of pizzaz, and look like this:

[​IMG]

Sloan1874 likes this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

This is all great but just a tip from an old hand. Don't try for perfection - it's impossible. Just aim for the best you can for now. There's, I would estimate, a 90% chance this experience will provide you with better ideas for your next jacket, since first jackets are rarely the ones we settle down with.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  6. walds11

walds11 New in Town

Bumping this old thread.

@Shree: I’m looking at getting my first leather jacket and it will most likely be an Aero Seven. Can you post updates on the finished product and how it’s been treating you?

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I really like the Aero 7 design.
    Here is a shot of mine:
    IMG_2936.JPG

Lebowski likes this.
  8. walds11

walds11 New in Town

Nice! What type of leather? Color? What type of collar?

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

This was black CXL Horsehide with the standard Highwayman collar. If I were to order again, I'd go August collar with smaller neckhole/ slightly wider sleeves/ longer main zipper.

Lebowski likes this.
  10. KPDarb

KPDarb New in Town

Hello for the first time, TFL. Figured I'd start in an established thread in lieu of generating yet another "my first aero" thread. I have been lurking for a few weeks now that i've discovered TFL is the place to discuss leather jackets including areo. In that time, I've put together [90%] what i would like to do with my first order and am curious of your feedback regarding a specific point, in particular.

The question I pose you you is: those of you with experience handling/owning Vicenza and goatskin jackets, what are you impressions?

I am on the fence between dark seal Vicenza and seal goatskin for my Sheene. The jacket will be for causal use and riding is not a consideration in its design.

Also, as many pictures as possible of Sheene/Seven make ups is most welcome regardless of spec and leather. Appreciating others well worn jackets has been most enjoyable!