Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first period suit !

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
Hello all,

I finally got my first period suit ! I am very excited, and i wanted to put a photo of myself wearing it up for all of you to see, and express comments on. It is a DB blue pinstriped suit made by Saks Fifth Avenue that i won on Ebay. I have wanted a period suit for a long long time, and after years of doing wwII military re-enacting, it was time to get a period civilian suit, as one can not be a theater host in AAF Class A's! I have been asked this alot, not im not wearing makeup, its just the shadows haha. ( p.s., i know my tie is farb in the photo, the only reason i'm wearing it is because my period ties have not arrived in the mail yet)

IMG_03472.jpg

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
The trousers are Hollywood wasted ( belt loops lowered just a bit), The pleats face the fly, so i believe thats a reversed pleat ( correction?) and the fly has a zipper.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Teabag1927 said:
Hello all,

I finally got my first period suit ! I am very excited, and i wanted to put a photo of myself wearing it up for all of you to see, and express comments on. It is a DB blue pinstriped suit made by Saks Fifth Avenue that i won on Ebay. I have wanted a period suit for a long long time, and after years of doing wwII military re-enacting, it was time to get a period civilian suit, as one can not be a theater host in AAF Class A's! I have been asked this alot, not im not wearing makeup, its just the shadows haha. ( p.s., i know my tie is farb in the photo, the only reason i'm wearing it is because my period ties have not arrived in the mail yet)

IMG_03472.jpg

That is a great suit! I'm currently looking for my first vintage suit: war years. It's a real learning process when you first start out. I hope I'll do as well as you've done with your find. You look great!

Lee

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
beautiful Teabag1927...

very very nice, and it fits you perfectly. Do you usually have your hair combed into a side part, slicked down and back vintage style too? Last time my DH and DS went to the barber to get their hair cut before a vintage weekend event, they took in a picture of Fred Astaire. Keep up the good work Tb1927! Looking forward to seeing the vintage ties too...

Teabag1927 said:
Hello all,

I finally got my first period suit ! I am very excited, and i wanted to put a photo of myself wearing it up for all of you to see, and express comments on. It is a DB blue pinstriped suit made by Saks Fifth Avenue that i won on Ebay. I have wanted a period suit for a long long time, and after years of doing wwII military re-enacting, it was time to get a period civilian suit, as one can not be a theater host in AAF Class A's!

MattStat

New in Town
Teabag1927 said:
! I am very excited, and i wanted to put a photo of myself wearing it up for all of you to see, and express comments on.

The suit is great. If you don't mind a suggestion, try a wider tie, perhaps in red. The thin, dark one you have on doesn't seem to be able to stand up to the chest. White spats would make it pop, too.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Is that a hand rolled cig as well?

Teabag1927 said:
Hello all,

IMG_03472.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran