Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first trucker!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In leather that is. I did wear denim truckers as teenager after, but more importantly to the jacket:

It all started with the idea of using sharkskin for a jacket. I went online to find some examples of what is feasible and… found nothing! My next course of action was to contact Alan at Johnson Leathers. So far, he has always gone with my ideas with no limits in sight. There were no limits on this day either as we got started. He found a tannery with stock, ordered samples and confirmed that this jacket was indeed happening. My preferred colour was red, a solid choice
There was not enough red for a full jacket, so I supplemented it with black. Black and Red, a classic combination very well used here for example

1647636987418.png

So why a trucker? Good question. I initially had in mind some sort of cross-zip, safe easy bet, especially with such an exotic leather. But then opted out for the trucker because of all the panels it has. You can play in numerous ways with these, and why not have such a unique version as my first trucker?

Fit:

The fit is always spot on with Johnson Leathers, and their patterns are always comfortable. The jacket still feels comfortable with my current excess weight. It will look even better when I hopefully go back down. I get the feeling this jacket will look good even with large fluctuations of weight, the pattern is very well balanced.

Leather:

Probably the most unique aspect of this jacket. I was expecting it to be very stiff and to my surprise, it is reasonably pliable. A nice balance between holding shape and remain easy to use. Nowhere near as stiff as CXL jacket!

The grain is very different as you can see in the pictures, I suspect it won’t change much with use, but only time will tell. Anybody has experience with this leather?

It is completely waterproof unsurprisingly considering its origin.

Enough talk, here are some pics of the jacker :D

PHrGETg.jpg

yeJVX3Z.jpg

7v4m3P0.jpg

Reasonably pliable

z2bNc8l.jpg

But it can still stand

F6ze4Sd.jpg

It was fun mixing and matching black and red, whatever I didn't specify was done tastefully by Alan and his team.

cxnDP7T.jpg

KSO1fkJ.jpg

e0ecOGX.jpg

Hesitated between black and brass hardware, what would you have chosen?

Gov1059.jpg

t3RqaQm.jpg

FeXWD5L.jpg

VV9Uq66.jpg

And of course I had o get these boots to go with the jacket

R1ooFwf.jpg

More pictures of the boot here

Awesome jacket. Love the sharkskin. Came out great.

My wallet/case is sharkskin. I like to feel it. Tough hide too.

red devil

Awesome jacket. Love the sharkskin. Came out great.

My wallet/case is sharkskin. I like to feel it. Tough hide too.

How long have you had it? I guess it doesn't move much? The leather feels like it will handle whatever I throw at it!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Coolest trucker here. Period. This is totally next level stuff. Sharkskins are quite expensive and very difficult to sew. I didn’t know this was possible until now. Just Wow!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Ballsy, unique, but not over the top. I would not be surprised if it becomes your favorite in the awesome collection of jackets. A great jacket for a nice night out or a convertible ride (must be a red Ferrari or a Little Red Corvette, of course).

red devil

Ballsy, unique, but not over the top. I would not be surprised if it becomes your favorite in the awesome collection of jackets. A great jacket for a nice night out or a convertible ride (must be a red Ferrari or a Little Red Corvette, of course).

I don't see how I can top this and it is so convenient to use as well!

It might be time for me to look into a sexy red covertible for weekends lol

Meybe it is time to change my wallet :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ