Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first vintage hat

Dav3

New in Town
Well, not technically my first, but my first that fits me properly and that I'll wear on a pretty regular basis.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170123944489

It's got moth bites up the wazoo (one even all the way through the felt, near the ribbon) but it's exactly what I was looking for. A nice beater for a good price.

And since I always like the "I got a new hat" threads with pictures, here's some I just went and took:

img3640wu5.jpg

img3642in7.jpg

That's kinda cool, Dav3. It's good to have a few less-than-pristine vintage lids to wear in the rough weather. So it has a few moth divots. BFD, eh? And it's a genuine Disney, and everybody oughta have at least one of those.
As to its vintage: I doubt it's as old as the seller suggested it is. I'm thinking more like late 1950s or early '60s. But I could be wrong about that.

Dav3

New in Town
tonyb said:
That's kinda cool, Dav3. It's good to have a few less-than-pristine vintage lids to wear in the rough weather. So it has a few moth divots. BFD, eh? And it's a genuine Disney, and everybody oughta have at least one of those.
As to its vintage: I doubt it's as old as the seller suggested it is. I'm thinking more like late 1950s or early '60s. But I could be wrong about that.

Yeah, I saw the "30's" thing, but I figured 50's-60's as well because of the back bow and black sweat. S'fine with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy