Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Work of Art!

duggap

Banned
MrFusion said:
Thanks! I have a wool felt beater that I wear when it's bad weather that has a shorter crown and already it looks too short now.

Toobacat -
I wll try to get a few more shots of the hat today that show the bash.

Duggap -
The Jazzman is one of the other hats that I am considering. Have you posted any pictures of it? The crown is listed as 6" on the VS site (1/2'" taller than the Sportaire) but it appears to have a deep center dent. (hard to tell for sure from the pictures) I'm thinking that the center dent would make the bashed crown about the same as the Sportaire. All guesswork of course.
MrFusion, when I ordered the hat Art talked about bringing down the crown about one half inch. I believe he did do that. The hat is 5 and 1/2 inches tall creased. But it is really not a center dent per say. I agree the picture makes it look that way but it is more of a diamond crease with a fairly tight pinch in front. I am not much good with the pictures so I haven't posted a shot of it. It is becoming one of my more favorite hats from Art although the LaSalle remains my favorite.:)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
deelovely said:
Awesome hat MrFusion!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Looks great on you too! :)

Thanks Deelovely! I have to say that you and IC have been an inspiration! You two are quite the stylish couple! :eusa_clap

Duggap - Well, if you need a hand posting the pictures (assuming you have some digitals), I would be happy to post them for you. Purely for selfish reasons!:rolleyes:

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
toobacat said:
MrFusion, do you have any pictures that show the bash of your new hat?

Here you go. Let me know if this is good enough or if you need a different angle.

bash1.jpg

bash2.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
MrFusion said:
I got home from work today to find this:
uspbox.jpg

Knowing that I had better take pictures for my friends on FL, here is what you see when you open the plain cardboard box.
openbox.jpg

Here is the hat box (very classy!).
hatbox.jpg

Check out the first view in the hat box!
openhatbox.jpg

This is one of Art's new red liners (I didn't know I was getting one).
liner.jpg

And Art's signature:
signature.jpg

The most important part, the hat!
hat.jpg

hatbow.jpg

It's the Sportaire from Art's Limited Editions. It fits wonderfully and looks great.
Hard to believe he made this while he has all those trees to cut down. There no doubt I will be saving for another VS!

I keep coming back to these images...and Mr. Fusion....I am sooooooo envious! (Moss) Green, green, green with envy!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
I keep coming back to these images...and Mr. Fusion....I am sooooooo envious! (Moss) Green, green, green with envy!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks Colby Jack! I couldn't be more pleased. Art is a real gentleman and great to work with. Problem is, as many have pointed out, once you get one VS you have to have another and another...

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I'm saving up for my first...and then the 2nd will probably come soon after...Where is that big lotto win I've been praying for?:eusa_doh: [huh] :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff