Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My flight jacket collection

South9407

New in Town
I was asked a while back by some members to post a few pics of my flight jacket collection. Here are just a few.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I only see one Jacket...Technically not counting it as a collection yet. :D

Oh wait, you are Just Setting us up to knock us down eh...Ok, I am Ready to be blown away!

South9407

New in Town
You are correct DD! I am computer savvy in many areas but apparently not in the posting of pics part. My laptop at home kept giving me error codes, so I ended up with aggrivation and only 1 sideways pic. Oh well, I will get the rest soon. I'm on a mission now.
The one you see is not my my most prized one but it's close. This one is an American Sportswear AN6552 in a generous size 44. The only things missing are the oririnal cuffs and the spec tag. The cuffs are ok but whoever did them used a more olive drab color and they managed to sew them to what was left of the originals. Good job with no extra stitch holes but my goal is to have them replaced with period brown cuffs soon. I do have six in my collection including the American Sportswear. The others are a Willis and Geiger AN6552, Cagleco G-1, Ralph Edwards G-1, Irvin B. Foster G-1 and my most prized, an H&L Block AN6552. It was my first one that I purchased off ebay about 14 years ago. It is finally on its way to Flightjackets.com for replacement cuffs, waistband, zipper and mouton collar. Hopefully I can get my laptop to work correctly and get those pics posted! Thanks for the interest men!
South

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80