Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Hat Collection Display

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Most excellent display. And great that you can add some historical perspective as well.

Part of my collection under lock and key at the local branch of the public library:
View attachment 546791

Top RowBorsalino MilanEmerson PanamaWestern Straw Works BoaterMeyers Swiss Yeddo Boater
Middle RowThibetKnox VelourStetson DerbyStetson Top Hat
Bottom RowSears CarlsbadStetson 100DobbsBorsalino Nutria

View attachment 546800 View attachment 546801

This display will be up for the month of September. Two of the hats, the Stetson derby and the One-Hundred, have connections to the local/regional area.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Part of my collection under lock and key at the local branch of the public library:
View attachment 546791

Top RowBorsalino MilanEmerson PanamaWestern Straw Works BoaterMeyers Swiss Yeddo Boater
Middle RowThibetKnox VelourStetson DerbyStetson Top Hat
Bottom RowSears CarlsbadStetson 100DobbsBorsalino Nutria

View attachment 546800 View attachment 546801

This display will be up for the month of September. Two of the hats, the Stetson derby and the One-Hundred, have connections to the local/regional area.
Wow my friend!
Beyond impressive!
That’s a whole new level of hat enthusiast never seen around here.
There’s gotta be a dissertation involved in this, or should be.
TheOldFashioned, PhD.
Sounds good.
B

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Most excellent display. And great that you can add some historical perspective as well.

Wow my friend!
Beyond impressive!
That’s a whole new level of hat enthusiast never seen around here.
There’s gotta be a dissertation involved in this, or should be.
TheOldFashioned, PhD.
Sounds good.
B

So cool Jonathan! I’m sure your willingness to share your collection and knowledge will inspire others to join in the fun. Kudos!

Jonathan you rock! Good for you for sharing . The display and words are grand and make me smile when I read it.

You da man!

Thanks, gents! This branch is within walking distance of my house so I'm there almost weekly with the kids. Like many places, the staff recognize me with my hats.

I had noticed that their display case in the foyer had been empty for several weeks so I asked what their policy was in regards to how the space was utilized and populated. After learning more and discussing with one of the librarians it was agreed that September would be reserved for me. I think they were a little excited, though, because I received an email in early August saying they were ready for me to put up my display. Suffice to say, I wasn't ready at the time.

The paperwork I had to sign indicated there would be six shelves, but the librarian told me they only had five during our initial discussions. When I went to set up I was surprised to only find four, so I had to adjust on the fly. All in all I think it turned out pretty good.

Thanks, gents! This branch is within walking distance of my house so I'm there almost weekly with the kids. Like many places, the staff recognize me with my hats.

I had noticed that their display case in the foyer had been empty for several weeks so I asked what their policy was in regards to how the space was utilized and populated. After learning more and discussing with one of the librarians it was agreed that September would be reserved for me. I think they were a little excited, though, because I received an email in early August saying they were ready for me to put up my display. Suffice to say, I wasn't ready at the time.

The paperwork I had to sign indicated there would be six shelves, but the librarian told me they only had five during our initial discussions. When I went to set up I was surprised to only find four, so I had to adjust on the fly. All in all I think it turned out pretty good.
It didn't turn out "pretty good," Jonathan... IMO this is a truly a spectacular display; a collection of affection!

It just dawned on me that we had the church ladies with Mike @Redfokker, Whitesnakes’s Tawny Kitaen with @Bob Roberts, now we have the bus stop ladies and library ladies with @TheOldFashioned.
Hats…Hats…Hats for the win!
B

Moral of the story: Church ladies and librarians are OK, but sexy girls on Jaguars will lead to bannination.

JittanyFedora

New in Town
We just received some new book cases. My wife turned her back to me and in two minutes I had them repurposed:

301a11a0b81f998af787a02cdacd08b5.jpg

On the down side: It only holds 40 hats, it takes up a lot of real estate, it doesn’t protect from moths and dust, and the biggest; the wife said “no.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah, the wife.

Mine wants me to cut back on coca-cola and said if i get diabetes she will divorce me.

"Well... We've had s good run!"

Same should apply to hat hatred.

Ah, the wife.

Mine wants me to cut back on coca-cola and said if i get diabetes she will divorce me.

"Well... We've had s good run!"

Same should apply to hat hatred.

I think/hope there was some tongue-in-cheek there.

My wife and I have made it a point to never use words like divorce in our 30+ years of marriage. I’d also pile all my hats up and set them in fire if that’s what she really wanted. I’m also confident that my wife would never make an ultimatum, and her love is unconditional. No marriage, including mine, is always easy and smooth, but I could never see letting mere things, such as hats, cause real strife. And I drink Pepsi not coke. ;)

I think/hope there was some tongue-in-cheek there.

My wife and I have made it a point to never use words like divorce in our 30+ years of marriage. I’d also pile all my hats up and set them in fire if that’s what she really wanted. I’m also confident that my wife would never make an ultimatum, and her love is unconditional. No marriage, including mine, is always easy and smooth, but I could never see letting mere things, such as hats, cause real strife. And I drink Pepsi not coke. ;)
Married 47 years here. And yep separation/divorce was never ever a possibility here. Although a supreme test was when, on our trip to Scotland, my wife discovered she actually loves whisky so then I had to share my collection with her. But on the plus side I never have to drink alone!

jdouglasj

Familiar Face
I'd be curious to see if anyone has photo-worthy displays of how they store hats when you aren't wearing them.

Do you put them on a hat rack? A hook on the wall?

Does anyone hang their hats in an aesthetic display in their foyer?

BTW, is it fine to hang hats on a hook for days or week?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo