Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Hat Collection Display

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
My hats are populating my walls too... ;)

Yes, I have to dust them a lot, but then it's a nice excuse to busy myself with all of them... :D

collection_wall_01.jpg

collection_wall_02.jpg

collection_wall_03.jpg

Wow Mario, that's an impressive felt-wall!! I wonder what that does to the room's acoustics.., this actually gives me an idea of how to treat the walls of my new studio. What could be better than this form of acoustic-treatment (it won't do much to the low and low-mid frequencies but hey.. it looks way better than standard diffusors and foam absorbers).

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Looking back, this question mirrors the aforementioned post a lot more than what I thought, and I can't delete it now. So just ignore me. Sorry!:eek:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I'd do this in one minute, but I don't want to put holes in my wall from all the pins. So I compromised, and set it as a desktop on my computer.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Yeah, I've seen several shots of such schemes when just running thru older threads here.

Personally, I use hatboxes on the closet shelves. Boring, I know. I have six hooks in the mud room where I hang my current on-the-go hats and coats. Two are for the farming hats, so probably don't count. Those are pretty beat up, but I wear them for more hours than all the others combined. ;)

Not worth a photo, actually.

I once saw where someone had converted a spare room into a hat room by installing a couple dividing walls down the long dimension of the room, and so had *six* wall surfaces full of hooks and hats similar to the shot in your link.

That was the best one I've seen so far! Of course, I ran a search and can't find it again. Dang. I'll have to go looking the hard way....

Later!

Stan

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
A hat collectors dream or nightmare. You wake up in a blank white space, with nothing but hats on the floor as far as the eye can see in all directions.

billyspew

One Too Many
Here's my regular wear wall. I also have many stacked on the wardrobe in and out of boxes and some in boxes dotted around the abode. I keep trying to convince she who must be obeyed that there's lots more wall space that I should make use of... she's yet to be convinced, maybe I should show her Mario's pictures ;)

3840146573_515a385edd.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
The Rack...

My normal rotation go on my favorite hat rack. I know, I need to get a pic of it full....

B

mirror_rack.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Target has some hat & coat racks on sale this week for $14.99. There are six hangers on each - and if you've priced the hangers alone, that's a big savings. They're on page 10 of this week's sale flyer (and the flyer's available online too.)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billyspew said:
Here's my regular wear wall. I also have many stacked on the wardrobe in and out of boxes and some in boxes dotted around the abode. I keep trying to convince she who must be obeyed that there's lots more wall space that I should make use of... she's yet to be convinced, maybe I should show her Mario's pictures ;)

Haha - first Rider Haggard reference I've seen on a forum.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I bought a few of these and use them in my coat closet.

http://www.shopgetorganized.com/item/bedroom_triple_hat_rack/0186

They're kind of cheap looking, but for closet use they're great because they're space saving, and they support the crown of the hat well without getting it out of shape. I've since seen some nicer looking all-metal racks on eBay that fill the same purpose, and I might get some of them to display hats out in the open, but my wife is kind of particular and likes stuff to be stored away out of sight, whether it's books or DVD's or whatever.[huh] Plus, I have dogs, and that dog fur gets everywhere. For right now, I just open the closet door and there the hats are, so that's good enough for me.;)

Pilot99

Familiar Face
I may have to pick a couple of those up E Train, thanks for the link. I don't have enough hats to be thinking about organization, but I like these better than boxing them lol.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:

Those are some good ones. I look at many of them with extra interest. Good choices and colors. Oh by the way, they're displayed well too, but my main focus is the hats themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24