Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Hat Collection Display

Raider

One of the Regulars
Built a hat rack a couple of weeks ago....saw one on the net that I liked......went to the shop with some oak, pine, a couple of saws, some screws, and the help of a buddy. Only have half of it filled........
hatrack002.jpg

hatrack003.jpg

hatrack004.jpg

It's pretty heavy....haven't hung it yet.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Built a hat rack a couple of weeks ago....saw one on the net that I liked......went to the shop with some oak, pine, a couple of saws, some screws, and the help of a buddy. Only have half of it filled........
hatrack002.jpg

hatrack003.jpg

hatrack004.jpg

It's pretty heavy....haven't hung it yet.

I found a hat rack online at Target disigned like this but it was made out of metal. They had four of the hat racks which were adjustable and work great. I ordered two of them and then they disappeared from the face of the earth online. I love the two that I have but like everyone else, I need more and now can't find them. Hat Jack has a new product out that looks a little like this with three hat jacks that hang on hooks to display your hats just like your homemade rack. you put the jack in and gently tighten it to hold the hat then it clips to the mounted rack. I emailed Hat Jack to find out where to order one and they sent me this address. I have not gotten one yet but I'm going to. I love the Hat Jack I have now and it looks like a great way to keep the old fedoras in shape. http://www.noggintops.com/

HackRack400both.jpg

Last edited:

Raider

One of the Regulars
I found a hat rack online at Target disigned like this but it was made out of metal. They had four of the hat racks which were adjustable and work great. I ordered two of them and then they disappeared from the face of the earth online. I love the two that I have but like everyone else, I need more and now can't find them. Hat Jack has a new product out that looks a little like this with three hat jacks that hang on hooks to display your hats just like your homemade rack. you put the jack in and gently tighten it to hold the hat then it clips to the mounted rack. I emailed Hat Jack to find out where to order one and they sent me this address. I have not gotten one yet but I'm going to. I love the Hat Jack I have now and it looks like a great way to keep the old fedoras in shape. http://www.noggintops.com/

HackRack400both.jpg

Terry,

I actually used the "Hat-Jack" as the pattern.....Considered using actual jacks but couldn't figure how to hang them....Had I seen this earlier, I might have modified my design. Great system.

EggHead

Practically Family
I just hang mine on hooks in the closet. There is also a hat box for additional storage for those hats that I plan to wear in a different season. Panamas hang in the garage.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good ideas. As someone who designs and builds stuff iam going to have to think more about this as my own hat collection is beginning to grow. My mind is starting to buzz now with creative thoughts about this. Thanks for the inspiration.

T Rick

Practically Family
On my head? Okay, kidding aside, I don't really "display" them at home, just store them. I do need more organization to protect them, for now I've begun buying hat racks. Bought this one on eBay a few weeks ago and assembled it right after it arrived. I can get 8 on it, though it's a bit crowded (no room for coats of course, which is as intended).

I just ordered this one last week (looks like it may spread the hats out a bit better, will get another 8 on it) and it's due to arrive any day now. But I still probably will need one more (counts hats not on hooks...) yep, one more at least for now, as I'll still have some Fedoras unracked after the second is full.

Started this in December, I think I'm gonna need a bigger place... ;). I like the looks of this rack (doesn't keep them out of the reach of dogs though).

ShrunkinCowboy

New in Town
I live in an older Adobe-style home in New Mexico.
Wood beam ceilings and supports abound.
Since I wear mostly Western-style hats, I hang 'em on hooks on the wooden support beams.

Steve

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I have a few shelves set up in my sub-basement; the rule is "out of wifey's sight," though Justin B's approach would also seem to honor that rule...
A friend may build me a wooden rack with pegs sometime.

These are horrible pics, but I can't get nearly enough light down there.

imgp047722.jpg

imgp047922.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24