Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My hat collection!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Great hats and adventure shots. I have a Kangaroo leather that is my hiking hat since it is floppy enough to work around a high pack and solid enough to carry about a quart of water. :)

I recommend you do not do any horseback riding in that one with the rattlesnake rattle on it. ;)

Akubra

Familiar Face
RBH said:
Really great photos!
When will we see an Akubra Camp Draft in the lot? :D

I'm not sure if I could pull off a Camp Draft. I'll have to see how I carry the Territory when it gets here.lol

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Akubra said:
I'm not sure if I could pull off a Camp Draft....

Sure you could. I've lowered the crown on my Campdraft and I'll bet it's very similar in dimensions to a Cattleman now.

I'd like to see that Territory on your nog!

Akubra

Familiar Face
I'll put a picture up as soon as I get it. I ordred mine in Khaki (which looks more loden or olive to me) from Aussiebushhats.com they had it in stock and had the best price by far. I should have it in another 10 days.

Akubras I see in my future....

Colly, Brumby,Overseer,maybe a Silver Spur, a Pilbara, maybe even a Brumby:eusa_clap

Akubra

Familiar Face
The Territory came today!!!

I got to say aussie bush hats has impressed me. I got it shipped in a week for 110 australian dollars!!

The hat is great. I'll take pics tomorow and post them.:eusa_clap :) :) :D

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chinaski said:
+1 on the Territory on the nog, and while we're at it, I'd like to see your lowered Campdraft, CRH!

...something I've been meaning to do. I'll post in Akubra Overload.

Redfan45x

New in Town
So I'm new to this site and figured I'd post my collection that I unintentionally created over the years lol.
First is a hat I just got the other day, and is the only one that fits me!
6qijc1.jpg

Next is old Royal Stetson Stratoliner I found at a garage sale for $10 in June

Here is another Royal Stetson I found at a garage sale 2 years ago, don't know what kind it is though.

And then theres the hate that I ripped the brim of a long time ago when I was little, as it was too small for my fat head.
Which I won't include because evidently I can't have that many pictures.
Also have a bowler hat from the 1900's, maybe ill post it later

So not a bad little collection for a 19 year old, I don't really wear them though. I'm a staunch believer that a fedora should be worn with a suit that's cut in 1920s, 30's or 40's style (as modern cut suits don't 'cut it' pun intended) and if worn without a suit like that and especially if worn with modern casual clothing, makes you look very foolish.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Very nice hats! I have to disagree with the last part though. Many here wear hats w/o suits, and pull them off just fine. I enjoy wearing them in suits and casually (see what I mean). Fedoras are a hat, designed to keep the sun off of ones head. A functional accessory.

Welcome to the lounge!

Redfan45x

New in Town
I guess my feelings towards fedoras without a suit comes with my annoyance with those kids my age who go to target and buy one of those fake "trilby's" and call it a fedora as they wear it with their greasy my little pony shirt lol
I do admit some people can pull it off without the classic cut suit or no suit at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner