Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Hats

ortega76

Practically Family
I don't wear a fedora every day. I often prefer a driver's cap or newsboy. I have several, but took a pic of my favorite.

IMG_0768.jpg

It was $20 at American Eagle. I don't normally shop there, but I saw it in the window and loved the pattern.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

My Biltmore. I don't wear it as much as I should. I have had it for 5 years and I only wear it with suits or sportcoats. I need to get it stretched a tad as my dome seems to have grown a bit.

IMG_0767.jpg

A Dobbs straw porkpie. I love this hat in the summer. Casual enough to wear with shorts but it looks good with dressier elements.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

My diamond crown. I wanted a fur felt but couldn't find one in town, so I settled for this Scala. Eh, it gets worn almost daily. It's a little battered but I I like the look of it. I will be replacing it with a fur felt one from either Miller Hats or (hopefully) a custom piece.

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Just arrived! A vintage Darwin that I bought from The Fedora Store. I love this. It will be my new day-to-day hat unless it's roasting outside! I love the color (it fits my earth toned wardrobe) and the shape is great! Wonderful!

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Hey Tony. That's the other thing that should be discussed here. Anyone wearing sunglasses with their fedora MUST have the Ray Ban Wayfarer Elite sunglasses! It's the only ones I will wear, with the same "turtle shell?" color and finish. They are the best if they are not a knock off. I wore knock offs when I was age four (avatar) because I couldn't afford them. Way to go brotha!

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
thefedorastore said:
Hey Tony. That's the other thing that should be discussed here. Anyone wearing sunglasses with their fedora MUST have the Ray Ban Wayfarer Elite sunglasses! It's the only ones I will wear, with the same "turtle shell?" color and finish. They are the best if they are not a knock off. I wore knock offs when I was age four (avatar) because I couldn't afford them. Way to go brotha!

Cool lid and shades, Tony. I always wear my Ray Ban Wayfarers with my hat. However, I prefer the classic black.

SSCN9340.jpg

KC

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Wayfarers won't stay on my nose!

For a couple of decades, I wore Ray-Ban large lens avaiators with the center circle. I got tired of them after 20 years and bought some Revos, but the next pair will be Avaiators again, although small lens. I wear prescription sunglasses, so the cost of changing is not trivial.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks-
they're kind of revisionist vintage, as I don't think anyone would have worn them as sunglasses then, but I really like them, plus they block out more light than most other sunglasses.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman, those sunglasses remind me of the Manhattan Project. ;)

I wear prescription glasses, but it's fairly light and I only really need 'em to read road signs. I do need new ones, and I'd love to find some vintage or repro frames.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Good look

That is what I like about this place, "Original" is always better than conforming to the trends. People like to follow I suppose but Loungers prefer to lead. Keep it up gentlemen. Dinerman, I do like the shades....

Jake

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
I will have to take a look, I have to admit I have rarely explored other sections of the lounge due to my hat "kick" lately. I may be missing out on some interesting discussions.

shortbrim

New in Town
Hey, with those welding glasses the only thing left for the ensemble is to wrap your face and go as the invisible man!! But I don't know, you guys, I guess I've got attention deficit as I can't seem to mix and match anything so my wardrobe is a melange of styles like a caesar salad, and then I throw the hat on and walk out the door. That hipster: tell your kids not to dress like that guy dude. But San Francisco, where I now reside, is a notoriously casual place and I am sometimes scandalized at the expertise of the anti-fashionistas here. I could never keep up with them! So I end up looking pretty well dressed and conservative. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy