Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My highwayman - whats it worth?

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
I have this Aero FQHH Highwayman that Im thinking of selling. I was wondering if all you knowledgeable types could chime in and tell me what you think I could sell this for. It is a standard size 44, no customization and has 1 inside pocket.

I really dont want to sell, but I need the cash (being unemployed sucks..) and I think its a little too big for me. Its a size 44 and Im thinking I need a size 40 or possibly a size 42.

So if I sell now, I'll eventually get a new one if all goes well for me - either another highwayman like this one or a half-belt. Still undecided on that, but I wont be ordering a new one anytime soon anyways, so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Anyways heres the pics. Its a few years old and lightly used. Its still pretty stiff. Thanks in advance :)

111.jpg

333.jpg

4444.jpg

2222.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
For accurate real-world figures without having to hang around here waiting, look at completed listings on Ebay. Those will give you a fair picture of what these jackets are fetching at the moment.

Alternatively, email Aero and see if they will make you an offer. They like to keep a stock of their own used jackets.

Edward

Bartender
Plus one on the above. Aero will offer you half what you paid for it, I believe, so depending on what that was you may or may not want to sell to them or try eBay first.

I don't know whether Aero will give you a slightly better deal if tading in on a new jascket as opposed to selling to them for cash? Soundsl ike the latter situation is your preferred option if you feel you have a surplus jacket.

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
Thanks for the replys.

Ive checked Ebays completed listings, not really much there. There were a few tho.

I suppose I can contact Aero and see about selling it back to them.

For now I'm going to list it on craigslist and see if I can get any interest in it there, altho everyone on CL seems to want something for next to nothing. [huh]

I just wish it fit me better. I absolutely love the tartan lining and I know if I do sell, it will be quite a while before I am able to afford another.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Joe, I might be interested depending on the shoulder width of the jacket. Since you don't have enough posts to do PM, if you post a email address I can contact you at, I'll get hold of you.

thanks
B

Nizdar

New in Town
Tabasco Joe said:
Thanks for the replys.

Ive checked Ebays completed listings, not really much there. There were a few tho.

I suppose I can contact Aero and see about selling it back to them.

For now I'm going to list it on craigslist and see if I can get any interest in it there, altho everyone on CL seems to want something for next to nothing. [huh]

I just wish it fit me better. I absolutely love the tartan lining and I know if I do sell, it will be quite a while before I am able to afford another.

No offense, but 700 dollars for that jacket on CL is vaguely ridiculous. It's 675 new from aero USA. Kind of ironic that you complained about CL people wanting something for nothing when you are trying to make a profit on a slightly used jacket.

Some people might a prefer a jacket somewhat broken in, but come on.

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
That ad on CL was put up a month ago. Of course I wasnt expecting to get $700 for it. It wasnt really even a serious ad. It was more of a "put it up and see what happens" type of ad, just to see if anyone would take the bait so to speak. I didnt expect it to sell for anywhere near that price. People usually offer quite a bit less for things on CL. You put something up for $700 and they offer you $300. If I put the jacket up at $300 I'd end up getting offers for $150. I take it youve never sold on CL? Anyways thanks for the awesome advice :rolleyes:

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
buler said:
Joe, I might be interested depending on the shoulder width of the jacket. Since you don't have enough posts to do PM, if you post a email address I can contact you at, I'll get hold of you.

thanks
B

Hey buler, we're practically neighbors. Where do you live in Wisconsin?
My email is pf17mt@gmail.com

Nizdar

New in Town
Tabasco Joe said:
That ad on CL was put up a month ago. Of course I wasnt expecting to get $700 for it. It wasnt really even a serious ad. It was more of a "put it up and see what happens" type of ad, just to see if anyone would take the bait so to speak. I didnt expect it to sell for anywhere near that price. People usually offer quite a bit less for things on CL. You put something up for $700 and they offer you $300. If I put the jacket up at $300 I'd end up getting offers for $150. I take it youve never sold on CL? Anyways thanks for the awesome advice :rolleyes:

Ah, sorry about that. You are correct. I do not know the CL customs. I've only been on there trying to find really really cheap furniture.

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
Nizdar said:
Ah, sorry about that. You are correct. I do not know the CL customs. I've only been on there trying to find really really cheap furniture.

No worries. Truthfully I forgot all about that ad. I took it down when you reminded me about it.

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
jacketquest said:
Instead of selling, how about looking for someone who wants to trade? I'll bet there's someone out there wishing he had bought a larger size.

I'd like to trade someone for a smaller size. Unfortunately I need the money for rent.

I suppose I could trade and use it to keep me warm when I'm living out of my car. lol

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
Erik said:
Aero lists a used section:

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/...roViewPage?page=displaysubcatlist&subcatid=89

I imagine their posted price points to be fair. I certainly can't see going over them, absent something unusual in the offering.

I talked to Mark from Aero. He said I was probably better off just trying to sell it on Ebay.

I found someone to buy it from me. Its going to a good home where it will be taken well care of. Im glad someone who is into leather jackets is going to get it instead of some random schlub off of Ebay. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy