Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My jacket season is already over in late March

Aerojoe

Practically Family
24ºC (75F) and rising in late March :( If a jacket needed, you're only going to find it useful early in the morning and late in the night. And you actually can go with just a thick shirt. For me, "jacket season" is already over. [huh]

What about you? When do you grab your last jacket before summer? That very sad moment :eusa_doh:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Sometimes til the end of June. Although there are people walking in shorts and t-shirts today, but they are just crazy, its still only 12-14c
For me I wear the alpaca Cheyenne until 10c then its the cotton lined Highwayman until about 14c and then I can wear the AgedTan CafeRacer
and now also my midweight oilpull halfbelt.

But it differs, sometimes May is too hot for leather.

I have noticed a trend here that its very cold and then *bam* its time for shirt-only.
Seems like the spring is gone and it goes almost from winter to summer over a week or two.

Sad.

Last year there were almost no time for me to wear the unlined Denimjacket. It was either too cold or too hot.

Returningson

New in Town
Southern California seems to never really have a "jacket season". I mean, it gets cold but i have just usually resigned myself to wearing my leathers in the morning or in the evening. Middle of the day just never seems to work...unless its raining and, as you know, it NEVER rains in california...

It is an early spring here too..but this week..it has cooled from 80 back down to the mid and high 50s. I only wear a jacket if it is chilly. Since I ride a motorcycle that can occur at various times even throughout the summer as well. However..I always look forward to summer. A nice jacket just makes colder weather more tolerable for me.
HD

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Southern California seems to never really have a "jacket season". I mean, it gets cold but i have just usually resigned myself to wearing my leathers in the morning or in the evening.

This place is becoming in California :) and it used to be a cold area not too long ago

Edward

Bartender
Warmer here than seems entirely normal for this time of year, though it is to get cooler again. I'd like to think I'll be able to wear my leathers on and off until well into May, then it'll be the occasional lighter leather day (A2, Wested Raiders), with mostly Harringtons and the likes for the Summer season. THere will be a number of dark, dark days in July and August where I am forced out of a jacket altogether, but hopefully we'll be lucky and this year won't be as ungodly hot as London was last year.

To qualify: ungodly hot for me is anything much over 22 degrees Celcius: much about 26 qualifies as unbearable.

Hal

Practically Family
Warmer here than seems entirely normal for this time of year, though it is to get cooler again...ungodly hot for me is anything much over 22 degrees Celsius: much about 26 qualifies as unbearable.
Exactly the same for me!

Aerojoe

Practically Family
To qualify: ungodly hot for me is anything much over 22 degrees Celcius: much about 26 qualifies as unbearable.

My limit is around 28ºC (82F) Above this I start to have a very bad time. There is no way you can wear one of those Harrington jackets in summer around here :) It would be suicidal.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It was unusually warm here till Friday night Saturday morning. We broke record highs for 4 days straight. It was beautiful weather but not for A-2s and other jackets. Well it ain't warm no more. Perfect A2 weather now.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
My limit is around 28ºC (82F) Above this I start to have a very bad time. There is no way you can wear one of those Harrington jackets in summer around here :) It would be suicidal.

No, I'd be in head to toe linen where you are already by this point.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Well, I'm used to live in worst (climatically) part of Italy: the colder in winter, and the hotter in summer (due mainly to perceived temperature, humidity and stuff).
Anyway, I'm a mediterranean guy and can't stand cold: while from 25C up, everything goes :)

I can wear a leather jacket, in these days (end of March, for future readers ;) ) in the morning and in the evening. During the day it would be way too hot. But it depends on the years, sometimes you end up using a jacket even in April.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Southern Ontario just had a really warm (and dry) winter and I did not have to dress super-warm too often for my daily walk, and I only got to wear my Canadian Forces parkha about ten times. It's too early for spring, but last week and over the weekend people were out in shorts and T-shirts. Although I would like a camelhair polo coat, I've been buying raincoats instead, figuring that as the climate changes and gets weirder I can probably get by without another heavy wool overcoat. Kind of sad to see these change happening in my lifetime.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Sure, in the summer! We get 30ºs in the fall/winter and sometimes in the spring. I had the fireplace going all day yesterday. That's what I love about Pasadena. But the 100º+ in the late summer sucks.

30F in winter? Then Pasadena is colder than this shore. This is what you know as the Vizcay Gulf. We didn't hit 30F this winter at the coast. The inland is however quite colder in winter.

30F in winter? Then Pasadena is colder than this shore. This is what you know as the Vizcay Gulf. We didn't hit 30F this winter at the coast. The inland is however quite colder in winter.

You have weather that California used to have fifty years ago in this area. In 1952 on this day it was 80 degrees. Now it is 61 degrees. It stinks that the weather has gone into its cold cycle for our area. We actually only had about two weeks of warm weather (80 degrees and over) here. Jacket weather all the time.

Edward

Bartender
You have weather that California used to have fifty years ago in this area. In 1952 on this day it was 80 degrees. Now it is 61 degrees. It stinks that the weather has gone into its cold cycle for our area. We actually only had about two weeks of warm weather (80 degrees and over) here. Jacket weather all the time.

I'd happily swap ya! I actively loathe being forced out of a jacket by the weather.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
You have weather that California used to have fifty years ago in this area. In 1952 on this day it was 80 degrees. Now it is 61 degrees. It stinks that the weather has gone into its cold cycle for our area.

What I said, this is becoming California. Anyway, you can have all the hot weather all the way back to you :eek:

We actually only had about two weeks of warm weather (80 degrees and over) here. Jacket weather all the time.

Here is the same, we hit 100F a couple of weeks in summer and we have a couple of weeks in winter of so called "Siberian cold wave" but I haven't seen a snow flake on the coast for ages. The rest of the year is totally insubstantial and boring.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw