Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My latest piece of German leather.....

ukali1066

Practically Family
It's a German Polizei coat from 1981, not too vintage but I think the styling is unusual enough to warrant a posting...

Very well made by STRIWA, double stitched seams, two press studs on each pocket, the right lower pocket is false and is for gaining access to whatever you have underneath, it's lined in what looks like brushed cotton and the metal pebbled buttons are held on with a very clever ring pull method, no thread and very strong !

I'm wearing it closed here but when worn open it hangs very like the U boat/Dr. Who style coats

germ.jpg

germ3.jpg

germ4.jpg

germ2.jpg

subject101

One of the Regulars
I'm in the quest for my first u-boat jacket and I like it!

If this style was once so common in Germany, I wonder why there isn't more german manufatures producing these jackets nowadays. It is quite hard to find them new.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Ukali, a great jacket...just as expected. It's sort of a rare thing to find one of those in a smaller size in good wearable condition. The grab-through pocket is of course for your Walther PP or PPK which were still in use in the late 70s. Definitely one of the more stylish service jackets in German history and also a well made civilian jacket which can look classy or have sort of a grunge look depending on your wardrobe. I really like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou