Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My LHB will be travelling next week :-)

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Hi folks,

most of the time I'm just following the threads, in particular about Aeroleather. I learned a lot from that and now I received a message from Amanda: The LHB I ordered in Ferbruary will be shipped next week! It is in FQHH, brown, with an uni lining. Can't wait!
Pics when it's here! Lucky me, we have a period of cold days here in Germany... :D

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Lucky guy. I ordered an LHB during a factory visit on 3 February and still haven't heard. Hopefully very soon...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
When I first found this site and learned of Aero; the LHB caught my eye. I was lucky enough to find a NWT one on eBay. Great jacket!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Ok guys, here we go. I took a few pics but I allways feel stupid when looking into a camera and I mostly find the outcome looking stupid, too, so only two pics survived to see the light of the public:

Well, the plan was to show you some pics, but I seem not privileged enough to post pics. Pity that.[huh] Maybe a moderator could help?

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Ok guys, here we go. I took a few pics but I allways feel stupid when looking into a camera and I mostly find the outcome looking stupid, too, so only two pics survived to see the light of the public:

Well, the plan was to show you some pics, but I seem not privileged enough to post pics. Pity that.[huh] Maybe a moderator could help?

I love LHB's. As I understand it, you need to upload the images to a sharing site like flickr and then link to them in your post.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
It's weird: I'm not allowed to attach pics, when I follow the FAQs they want to direct me to options to set up albums on FL what I never intended (and the hints are worthless as the options don't exist in my profile) and when I try to use an URL - I have the pics on Photobucket - it is called invalid without specifying what a valid URL might be. Am I a second-class-member on this forum?!?

Anyway, the links:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/ThomasB_HK/Attire/Pic4.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/ThomasB_HK/Attire/Pic3.jpg

It's a shame, your enthusiastic about something you want to share with others and then it isn't possible (and I posted pics on fora before!).

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks like a great fit. What is your normal jacket size and what size is your LHB? I'm a standard 40 and bought a 38 LHB - and I wouldn't want it any bigger. A 40 would've been too large.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
In Germany, I'm a 56 - 58 which translates into a British 48, what the jacket is, with an additional inch in body and sleeve length.
But then, you cannot go by these measures, at least not here. I tried on a 60 recently that fit just so, nearly two full sizes abovemy normal size. Normally you get me into these twice... In particular what you find in malls seems to be made more by inspiration than measure. Good that the guys at Aero understand their business.
Thanks for the "great fit". I was a bit concerned it is too roomy and the sleeves too long (or the shoulders too wide), but Amanda also assured me it fits. ;-) I have to say I love the jacket, it is really "to live in". Very comfortable already (my old black cow was much stiffer in the beginning, just started softening up after 14 years) and the overall quality is simply stunning. I also love the feel and smell of the leather, very nice ;-).

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
BTW: It's actually not that red as in the second pic (from the back). It seems the color-balance of the camera was off. It a very rich brown with only the tiniest hints of red, if any. Let's settle for chocolate.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Here you go:
Pic4.jpg

Pic3.jpg

:)

schitzo

Suspended
I'd say that fit is bang on the money, especially good around the hips. In theory I would love a jacket in this length of this quality but from experience (and yes I'm aware this comment makes me sound like a big girl's blouse!) the reality is I've found that carrying that much FQHH around with me is a tad tiresome. Which is why with the FQHH i now stick to the shorter jackets. That colour is very appealing, it's cordovan right? Or is it brown? Whatever it is I want one!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
@Rudie: Thank you for the help!
@schitzo: It's brown, the colour is a bit off on the pic.
@coffee: Thank you very much, Sir!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
One more with Yours Truely:

IMG_5765_2.jpg

Thanks again @all for the kind comments. Looking at the pics I also come to the conclusion that the fit is not too far off ;-)

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Very, very nice jacket! fit looks fine to me, remember the sleeves will ride up a little when the sleeve wrinkles develop, it will be perfect then!

D

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
As I know here some watch-enthusiasts as well, I made a pic with my good old Dornblueth und Sohn, the brown Strap I put on recently (originally for a Breitling, but I take what I get ;-)) is a nice match with the jacket.

IMG_5780_2.jpg

The two companies have a lot in common, in my view: Small, family-run businesses, which offer trditionally manufactured goods at a quite fair price.

for those who are interested, I add two (better) pics of the watch.

Dornblth_Werk_2.jpg

Dornblth_3.jpg

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
The coat is back after some spa-time in Galashields, sleeves shortened a bit, cord-lining at the hem and replacement of a not-so-good-looking-leather-part. Great to have it back and thanks to the good folks at Aeroleather for treating their customers so well!

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Hi Tomaso :)

Nice jacket! I hope you get it back soon again. I always thought that I'm the only one in Mainhattan wearing a LHB. No, unfortunately, there is one and it is still better than me. :)

Have a nice day together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk