Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new 30ish suit

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Oktagon said:
The suit itself appears to be OK, but the fit on you is terrible. Just look at your photo from the back. The shoulders are too wide, the back is all misfitted and you see your behind pocking throgh. I would take it to the taylor and have him correct everything which is wrong with this suit, or put it in the closet and never take it put again.

You may be right, but i have a feeling a lot of what you see as a misfitted back is mostly due to the pose he was standing in... As far as for the shoulders, I'd want to see it in person to pass judgement

Jovan

Suspended
Honestly, the only thing I'd do -- as mentioned by others -- is have a more fitted waist. It doesn't need to be quite to the exaggerated specs as the illustrations of the time, but it'd still look more '30s that way. As well, I'm not sure the pattern compliments your physique. Checks and windowpanes are usually best for guys who are slender. Just my two cents.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to come off as rude. What I meant was that maybe stripes or solids would look better on you. Quadrilateral patterns tend to have a widening effect.

Oktagon

New in Town
slicedbread said:
You may be right, but i have a feeling a lot of what you see as a misfitted back is mostly due to the pose he was standing in... As far as for the shoulders, I'd want to see it in person to pass judgement

there is something off in the proportions. I can't put my finger on it, but may be you are correct, ans this is due to the pose and posture.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'll pass on commenting on the jacket because of his pose, though I can't see it improving by him dropping his arms.[huh]

The trousers, on the other hand, are a nightmare.:eek:

53613328.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
It's a great looking suit, no doubt about it. It just needs some tailoring and adjustments is all. It will be even better looking when those are finished!
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW