My new 30ish suit

Discussion in 'Suits' started by android, Dec 16, 2005.

1. android

android One of the Regulars

I wanted something with a bit of a 1930's look and decided to get a SB peak lapel suit.

I gave Joe this Apparel Arts picture and told him I wanted the one on the right, but with a more natural shoulder.
    [​IMG]

Here's what I got straight out of the box (no alterations)
    (Note the Carlo Franco tie [:)] )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some detail shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's his $699 fully canvased suit and the shirt was about $85. It's is far superior to the crap I got from Ravi in both fit and quality.

I tend to think the sleeves are just a bit too long. Other than that, I've very pleased with the results.

BTW: I had no idea that Armani and others were going to being doing peak lapel suits this season. I just wanted something with a 1930's look.

2. Vladimir Berkov

Vladimir Berkov One Too Many

Looks good. Who is "joe?"

3. android

Joe Hemrajani is mytailor.com. They have several fitters that visit most major cities in the US and then the suits are made in Hong Kong.

4. Who would have thought that a member of "Blue Man Group" was right here in the Lounge?

[​IMG]

5. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

6. How does that old song go? "Am I b-l-u-u-u-e ...."

7. Your face would have looked more festive in red, Android.

8. android

Alright, you guys keep makin' fun of me and I'm gonna... I'm gonna hold my breath until I... Oh dammit, nevermind.

9. Don't do that! Pull up a chair and have drink with us. Maybe a "Blue Hawaiian"? ;) :cheers1:

10. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

I like that suit very much, though your blue smudgy face is freaking me out!
    I love peaked lapels on a single-breasted suit.
    One thing, you think the sleeves are too long?
    For my taste they look a little short, but, if you're comparing them to a 30's suit, as in your picture, I would say they're right on.
    I really like the windowpane fabric.

11. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Trow

How are the pants? Drop loops? High waist? Notch back? Blue...?

12. Vladimir Berkov

Vladimir Berkov One Too Many

I would agree that the sleeves are just a touch too long. Not much, but taking them up slightly to show a bit more cuff would look great.

13. The sleeves look pretty much right to me. They appear to be sitting just at the point where the thumb meets the wrist. Prefect.

Nice suit. How are the armholes?

bk

14. nightandthecity

nightandthecity Practically Family

until your face turns blue?

15. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Andy...

...will have to kill anybody who discovers his true identity.

Or they will have to become his sidekick, promising never to indulge his true identity.

16. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

It is nice,, I'd take in the waist a bit though It's a good look. Have any more pics?

17. frontmanvintage

frontmanvintage New in Town

I think you missed it

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the overall style and panache of the forties in your new suit. Frankly, it just looks like a new suit. Maybe because you had the V look removed?

18. frontmanvintage

frontmanvintage New in Town

Again

Sorry, 30's. Still needs a more fitted waist especially without the padded shoulders. Unless you were trying for 1931 - which I really don't think you were.

And you need to look at yourself in the back shot; The pants look like they fit / hang really funny / unusual, like they're shorter at the back seam than the side seams and pulling at the middle? There's something off about them.

19. Jovan

Jovan Suspended

Looks fine to me. The picture appears to have three button sleeves, though.

20. Oktagon

Oktagon New in Town

The suit itself appears to be OK, but the fit on you is terrible. Just look at your photo from the back. The shoulders are too wide, the back is all misfitted and you see your behind pocking throgh. I would take it to the taylor and have him correct everything which is wrong with this suit, or put it in the closet and never take it put again.