Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MY new Aero Arrived

rjbaal

New in Town
My new Aero Cossack arrived today!:eusa_clap It got it in brown and added a chest zip pocket as in the 30's half belt and a G-1 pocket. I would have ordered the 30's half Belt but I thought the cut would be too trim on me. The color of the leather is really AMAZING. Its a deep brown with just a hint of mahogany redness to it. It not as stiff as I thought it would be. Also, the grain of the leather is very apparent and I'm sure it will break in fairly quickly. I'll post pics tomorrow.

rjbaal

New in Town
Here are some pics

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

I don't think the pics do the color justice. Also, the grain is really apparent in the close ups.

I ordered the jacket in the standard Brown FQHH and asked that the darkest hide available be used. The transaction with Mark at Aero USA was flawless.

rjbaal

New in Town
Pics with jacket on

I about 5'5" and 160lbs. The jacket is a 42 with the sleeves and hem shortened. I think the jacket fits perfectly in the shoulders and chest. Some may think the jacket is a little long, but I wanted it that way. I did not want a short cropped looking jacket. I think the little bit of extra length gives it a "workman" like look.
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Fit is stop on.

On heavy leather jackets its best to have the sleeves longer rather than shorter, as they crease they will shorten.

The body length is good.

This Aero jacket is on my shopping list.

Cheerio

Graemsay

Practically Family
Looks good. :eusa_clap

The length looks good - I've been told that the correct fit is to have the sleeves come down to the middle of the back of your hand when your arms are by your side.

James, as you look pretty slim (in the photos of your very nice Lewis jacket), you might be interested to know that Aero offer the Cossack in the closer fitting 1930s style. They'll also fit a double thickness of leather as a pad to protect your kidneys if you're wearing it to ride a bike in.

I've got a heavily modified Cossack on order, and it should be leaving the factory at the start of next week. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Super Sharp !

The jacket looks great! looks right on you. Mark is one cool dude too work with when it comes getting what you want out of a jacket. Enjoy...:eusa_clap I'm sure you will.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for modeling

That helps a lot. The Cossack stays on my wish list...

Excellent jacket, congratulations, and wear it in good health.

rjbaal
Well I have about a half dozen or so Aero utility jackets to compare....and think that your new jacket looks grand! Alot of nice '30s features that I have on my '30s HalfBelts,as well,that really add style.
IMO...it fits you quite well! Not too long. Better a tad long than a bit short. As it breaks in...it will only get better!
Congrats
HD

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very nice...join you, as I am a 42 short as well.....35" waist and 175cm medium build, for those who want a reference...I have the natural undyed horse

rjbaal

New in Town
daizawaguy said:
Very nice...join you, as I am a 42 short as well.....35" waist and 175cm medium build, for those who want a reference...I have the natural undyed horse

What color is the undyed horse? A pic would be great.

rjbaal

New in Town
Also, thanks for all the compliments. Aero makes a great product. I own quite a few leather jackets (and have more on order) but I think the cossack is realy what I have been waiting for!

bobjones

A-List Customer
rjbaal said:
Also, thanks for all the compliments. Aero makes a great product. I own quite a few leather jackets (and have more on order) but I think the cossack is realy what I have been waiting for!

Agreed, the Aero craftsman should have stuff in the Louvre.

The jacket looks great on you, and the dark brown FQHH (same as in my Stockman) is just gorgeous. I am in NYC too, and people stop me all the time to compliment me on the jacket.

Whats also especially cool about the Aero FQHH is that it is a unique product, meaning not everyone you see walking down the street has one, as if its a Gap or Banana Republic mall jacket. I want to pick up another Aero in 09 or 2010, and this one has me thinking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo