Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new aero board racer

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As the others have said, I would have sworn that was a size too large, but without enough length on the sleeves. I wonder if there's been a mix up along the way. It's a slim fitting jacket, I went a size up to get the look I wanted, so I'm really not sure what's going on there.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
As the others have said, I would have sworn that was a size too large, but without enough length on the sleeves. I wonder if there's been a mix up along the way. It's a slim fitting jacket, I went a size up to get the look I wanted, so I'm really not sure what's going on there.
Craig I'm with you here. Although I wear a size 42 Cafe Racer with 2" added to the circumference of the waist, I have been intrigued with the thought that a standard size 44 Board Racer might be a perfect fit for me.

Yeah, at 6'-4", my issue was that prior, I wore a 50+ and nobody would make me a jacket, sans Aero. now, I'm a 47 in number, and life is easier. My waist is normally a 38, so the drop was a problem as I'm not a fatty. But being large is a b*tch when it comes to clothing...

I was almost going to suggest someone handed the lad the wrong jacket. I just don't believe he went in and came out with that??? Aero will make good, but yeah, I feel the disappointment from here!

daniel46

New in Town
I was almost going to suggest someone handed the lad the wrong jacket. I just don't believe he went in and came out with that??? Aero will make good, but yeah, I feel the disappointment from here!
Yup I feel like something went wrong too as it just doesn't feel like anything like the jacket i modelled mine off in the showroom
I will measure it up tomorrow morning when I can find a tape measure but I am so frustrated now about the whole thing.
At my age it was quite a lot of money to drop on a jacket that's half perfect.

I have a feeling from extensively reading the posts here I'm the youngest buyer in the forum at 17 although I do look very old for my age[emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
If this is a size 42 and you are 6'3, I'd swear this jacket got more than 1" extra in body length. I mean, you are 6'3 and it's wayyy too long on you, imagine it on a 5'9 guy like me. It'd probably reach my knees. As others suggested, we feel your disappointment, but we cannot solve anything here. Contact Aero, be kind and friendly (I'm pointing out that part because I have a 17 years old brother who currently reminds me on a daily basis how hot-tempered young men are at age 17 :D ) and explain the issue (it's more than likely they already read this here anyways but oh well), they are no bad folks, I'm sure they'll agree something went bad here and fix it.

edit: also get someone to take some proper pictures of you in that jacket, this one selfie isn't too great for examining the fit and what to change.

17?!? Lord man. According to my calculations you have 26 years to dial in the fit (coming from a 43 yr old who has been thru bout 12 million jackets).
Fortunately I think it will be a much shorter wait than that for you.
Please keep the thread updated as we'd all like to see the end (surely positive) results.

daniel46

New in Town
17?!? Lord man. According to my calculations you have 26 years to dial in the fit (coming from a 43 yr old who has been thru bout 12 million jackets).
Fortunately I think it will be a much shorter wait than that for you.
Please keep the thread updated as we'd all like to see the end (surely positive) results.
Yeah i hope i can get it right in just one more try
But seriously how does it take so long to get it right I mean there are only 5 or 6 measurements to adjust at most. Now modifications and details is a another story but fit I can't understand the way you talk about about it
And yeah sure I will keep this thread updated as soon as aero reply

Yeah i hope i can get it right in just one more try
But seriously how does it take so long to get it right I mean there are only 5 or 6 measurements to adjust at most. Now modifications and details is a another story but fit I can't understand the way you talk about about it
And yeah sure I will keep this thread updated as soon as aero reply

Well every pattern has a different set of #'s to adjust. And every hide behaves differently so there's that. Plus two jackets in the same # size can fit vastly different even if the same numbers are provided and met. Honestly, getting a good fit is literally a game of inches, and even a single inch, a relatively minuscule detail at most, can have a profound impact on the finished product.
No two jackets are alike, even if every number and spec says they are. I almost think, at the end of the day, the question is not if the jacket fits you but more if you fit the jacket. Finding the perfect fit is equal parts planning and luck. At least from my experience. Of course this is all subject to how far down the rabbit hole you have fallen.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
If you are slim, I think the frame of the board racer is a better choice because the cafe racer (though having a tapering effect) can be quite boxy around the shoulders. I had this advice from fellow loungers and found it to be very true as I have personally tried out both cafe and board racers and found that the board racer fit to be more suitable for me. My chest is 36".

Regarding the length, it depends on how long/short you are comfortable with. Based on your pictures, I suppose you are looking for something that ends slightly below the belt length (or even at the belt length). If so, you may want to get someone to help measure the length from the back of the collar to your desired length and see if this was the measurements for back length provided to Aero.

I'm sorry to hear about the wrong fitting but I am sure all will be fine!

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Oh and nothing wrong with beginning the quest in search of the right fit when you are young. I think it is almost common consensus that no one gets its right the first time. Welcome to the club!

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Looks "all righty" to me...Seriously !

But what would I know ? I have a (too big) range of leather jackets , some waist high , some buttcrack.

All "fit" OK , but are worn for different occasions so to speak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany