Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new aero board racer

daniel46

New in Town
Hi people I have finally received my new aero modified board racer
It's a beautiful jacket in the vicenza black leather.
It fits perfectly everywhere I just feel that it is slightly too long on the body and it's really frustrating me after all the wait for it to arrive.
I was told by Denny at aero that the sleeves with shorted slightly with wear does anyone know if the body will lose a bit of length with wear?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Photos would be helpful. That said, I doubt there will be any appreciable "shrinkage". Unless you ask...what's the dudes name again? ;)

daniel46

New in Town
This
74cf2af5fc61d9a7976113d46c954501.jpg

daniel46

New in Town
Do you think it's possible to modify the body or will I have to order a new jacket.
It's just frustrating because of the fact I went to the aero factory to get measured and thought that would make it a certain perfect fit. Which it definitely is not

daniel46

New in Town
Yeah I will definitely email them next week when the office opens.
I just hope they don't blame it on me because of the fact I had to agree to the measurements before placing the order

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
If they measured you up and these are the measurements they adviced to you, then you have no reason to worry. If however, you explicitly demanded that long body, then it's a different issue..

daniel46

New in Town
I specified 1 inch longer back
What's the standard length of a board racer supposed to be?

daniel46

New in Town
Oh its a size 42 board racer
Aero told me they have standard chest sizes which the then just add length to the arms and body when nedded.
Another problem I just realized is i asked for it to be tapered slightly in the body as I am quite slim and they do not seem to have made that modification at all

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello Daniel,
Sorry to hear about this as it's probably a very nice jacket, however as the photos show it's certainly not fitting you correctly.
Given what you indicate, I wonder if a 4-pocket Cafe-Racer would be a better model, as it tapers more aggressively, and should fit you better.
Do you have dimensions from a proper-fitting jacket that you could post to help us understand what you typically wear.

Based on your pic (not an excuse for Aero at all) I'd wager getting a jacket to fit right will be challenging.
I can say that as I have my own issues, and your build lends itself to being an intense search for perfection - esp in a leather jacket.
That said, considering you went to Aero and got fitted in person, I'm rather shocked at the outcome...they will make it right, but contact them. Nothing we say is of any value in regards to getting this resolved...good luck.

daniel46

New in Town
Based on your pic (not an excuse for Aero at all) I'd wager getting a jacket to fit right will be challenging.
I can say that as I have my own issues, and your build lends itself to being an intense search for perfection - esp in a leather jacket.
That said, considering you went to Aero and got fitted in person, I'm rather shocked at the outcome...they will make it right, but contact them. Nothing we say is of any value in regards to getting this resolved...good luck.
I agree I mean that picture doesn't really show it all it's just the best I had at hand as it's dark now here
It's incredibly hard to find a jacket off the rack at 6 foot 3 and as skinny as I am, so I was hoping that getting MTO would solve that. As I have never had a good fitting jacket before they it seems it's a lot harder than others pieces of clothing to get right.
Thanks for the kind words people I will definitely post the results after emailing aero about this.

Looking back at your pic I also think you could drop down to a 40" (in this style anyway). Man at 6'3" I'm sure you do have a helluva time getting stuff that fits right.
Just from what you've shown I'd lose 2" in the body length and add 1.5" to the sleeve. Drop to a 40 and it'd be fitting you to the nuts. I'm sure this will work out just fine for you but yeah, waiting for it sucks.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I am 6'2" but have a relatively short torso and long arms in relation to my height (I'm all arms and legs), and your proportions in that regard might be similar to mine. The longest back length that works for me with that style jacket is 27" so the jacket covers my belt plus ~2".

I have two Aero Sheenes that are simply Cafe Racers with standard Highwayman collars. The Cafe Racer design has broad shoulders but tapers significantly to the waist that might be a better design for you than the Board Racer? What are the measurements of your BR using the method of measuring below (p2p, back length, shoulder, and sleeve length)?

75877-e28ce92440e42a54d04bef7742e76b8d.jpg 75878-2670340e1393fbf5bb021721069b2178.jpg 75879-85832c412f6e32cad1062587231469f4.jpg 75880-b45c9c5837040553ca550dfe73db4230.jpg 75881-04a1ab1aeaa832cd9b816ed92667d1cb.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looking back at your pic I also think you could drop down to a 40" (in this style anyway). Man at 6'3" I'm sure you do have a helluva time getting stuff that fits right.
Just from what you've shown I'd lose 2" in the body length and add 1.5" to the sleeve. Drop to a 40 and it'd be fitting you to the nuts. I'm sure this will work out just fine for you but yeah, waiting for it sucks.
IMO @ton312 is on track with 2" subtracted from the back length and 2" added to the sleeves. If you drop down a size though with the Board Racer, the jacket might be too restrictive in the shoulders and chest. How does your BR look and feel when zipped? Right now I have more questions than answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR