Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Buco J-100

SklounstDraxxer

Familiar Face
After having harangued, harassed, and hounded you all, and after plenty of hemming and hawing on my own part, I finally pulled the trigger on, AND HAVE NOW RECEIVED, a beautiful Aero Buco J-100 in blackened brown Vicenza! Today was my first day wearing it out and I am very very happy with the jacket.

Thanks to everyone here who directly or indirectly contributed knowledge, observations, and opinions; thanks to Denny at Aero who sent me leather samples and answered many of my questions; and a big thanks to Carrie at Thurston Bros. who answered even more of my questions and got everything taken care of.

And now, a couple of pics:

IMG_8075.jpg IMG_8078.jpg

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Your hemming and hawing paid off brother. Love the longer zipper mod and the choice of leather. Please update us after it gets some miles on it

BobJ

Practically Family
Looks awesome, and fits like it was made for you!

No more cheeseburgers though :eek:

BTW - How do the J-100 fit and pattern differ from the Board Racer and the Cafe Racer? Thanks.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
After having harangued, harassed, and hounded you all, and after plenty of hemming and hawing on my own part, I finally pulled the trigger on, AND HAVE NOW RECEIVED, a beautiful Aero Buco J-100 in blackened brown Vicenza! Today was my first day wearing it out and I am very very happy with the jacket.

Thanks to everyone here who directly or indirectly contributed knowledge, observations, and opinions; thanks to Denny at Aero who sent me leather samples and answered many of my questions; and a big thanks to Carrie at Thurston Bros. who answered even more of my questions and got everything taken care of.

And now, a couple of pics:

View attachment 96012 View attachment 96013

Perfection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SklounstDraxxer

Familiar Face
Your hemming and hawing paid off brother. Love the longer zipper mod and the choice of leather. Please update us after it gets some miles on it

Thanks! Yeah, I felt like the original zipper length caused some flaring at the waist of the jacket that I didn't like. Since I won't really be sitting with the jacket zipped, I had it go all the way down.

SklounstDraxxer

Familiar Face
Looks awesome, and fits like it was made for you!

No more cheeseburgers though :eek:

BTW - How do the J-100 fit and pattern differ from the Board Racer and the Cafe Racer? Thanks.

Haha, being able to fit into this jacket will be a great incentive for me to keep my weight down!

Aero's version of a Buco J-100 is actually just a modified Board Racer--so they start with the Board Racer pattern, then they do a straight yoke with no vertical split seam and no internal or external kidney panels; a collar that snaps more dead center instead of off to the side; and two horizontal, instead of slanted, chest pockets.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
If you rode the sleeves would be a lil short, as is the jacket is right on time>>>looks GREAT!!
Yes, sleeves on most of my jackets could be a little longer too. But I don't ride. I getting used to it. Not obsessing too much. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ