Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Dustbowl (modified)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Thx again for all the compliments, guys! I'm honored and humbled

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Mike, them be the MPs!

Here's a close up :)

image.jpg

Notice the protusion of my big toe; the non-celastic option translates to "insanely" narrow

53Effie

A-List Customer
Yeah, MP was what I meant. Very cool boots and go well with the new jacket. Thanks for posting. I really enjoy seeing them.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Lovely jacket, probably goes against what most here would think but I reckon it looks far better in black than brown.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I love wdw's cordovan, but between the brown-black, I'd split the difference and say seal. But then, I would... :D

thor

Call Me a Cab
Real nice acquisition there, Breton! Well worth the wait (and hassles) I'd venture. It'll look even better after afew months of hard use.
Wear it in good health!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Late to the party but have to add my 2 cents....thats a great looking jacket, you must be really happy with it!

How is it that you guys in the PAC NW end up with the 2 best jacket resources?
Joking aside, you did well- Bret!
That one looks pretty bad-ass, and I'm figuring after a winter up there it'll be lookin' even better come Spring.
Cheers and Happy New Year to you and the family!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Damn nice looking jacket, Breton. Perfect fit and it is refreshing to see more black jackets. I'm trying to convince myself not to buy a pair of engineer boots, but yours look great. Very cool look. Happy New Year.

Benny Holiday

Lovely jacket, probably goes against what most here would think but I reckon it looks far better in black than brown.

Smithy I was thinking exactly the same thing. I've got a thing about brown jackets these days but Bret your black looks great.
It just suits the style and the mods are just right.

Here it is 37 degress C outside and I'm looking at leather jackets . . . :eusa_doh:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Here it is 37 degress C outside and I'm looking at leather jackets . . . :eusa_doh:

Haha Wes! It's not the right time of year down our part of the world for leather jackets is it?

Although we've had a cool change come through here in the last few days so we've only been in the low 20s. But this is Victoria and there'll be more 40+ degree fry-fests just around the corner ;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
It's great to hear the compliments, guys! Thank you! Like many of you, i am traditionally a brown leather jacket fan. However, I believe every wardrobe ( or at least of dudes like us :D ) needs a black one. I was on the hunt for my "one" and this one seemed to be the way to go. was looking for something leas traditional than a double rider or cafe style.

@Grayland, you def need some engineers buddy!

@Dumpster Diver, thx the glasses are American Optical; scored off eBay a couple years ago for like $10 bones. My personal faves :)

Benny Holiday

No it's definitely not leather jacket time for us Smithy. I heard this morning that outback SA is expecting 48-50 degrees! :eeek:
But there's so many blokes here like Bretron that have such a cool look going on and it makes a feller hanker for autumn so I can follow suit.

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Great jacket man. I had a question. My dustbowl / sunburst just arrived. It fits cool, a little hancfuffy, but to be expected as it is brand new. My question is, how are these supposed to fit you length wise? it seems short, but obviously that is the look. Where exactly should the line hang on the bottom of the dustbowl> ? thanks dudes.

It's great to hear the compliments, guys! Thank you! Like many of you, i am traditionally a brown leather jacket fan. However, I believe every wardrobe ( or at least of dudes like us :D ) needs a black one. I was on the hunt for my "one" and this one seemed to be the way to go. was looking for something leas traditional than a double rider or cafe style.

@Grayland, you def need some engineers buddy!

@Dumpster Diver, thx the glasses are American Optical; scored off eBay a couple years ago for like $10 bones. My personal faves :)

sweetfights

After nearly nine (9) months of ordeal- starting with the attempted purchase of a pre-production sales jacket, followed by the production and acquisition of a jacket that was terribly ill fitting- I have finally landed my black FQHH Aero half belt, based off of the Dustbowl with a few minor tweaks.

FEE7B0C0-04D1-4D2B-8354-B24EB2EE12AC.jpg
08E76718-5235-4D55-870C-EC1D1D8218CC.jpg
9EC1D955-C539-4AB4-9110-E2A2B815ADDE.jpg

2391E542-BA56-444F-9DE6-AF3146D5617F.jpg

(My untucked shirt and low-rise jeans make the jacket appear a bit short, but the length is spot on perfect)

An insanely huge thank you to Carrie @Insurrection for her incredibly generous and gracious assistance with the return and fitting recommendation.

Happy Holidays to you all!
great looking- better than first go around for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner