Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new aero half belt arrived!!

bicktrav

New in Town
Aero.jpg
Ordered it through Insurrection a while back, and it came over the weekend. I had never seen an Aero in-person before, only seen photos of them online. I was terrified it was going to come, fit poorly, look bad and end up being a colossal waste of money. My wife was pretty skeptical about ordering something that expensive sight unseen too. After a pretty brutal wait, the box arrived at my office. I brought it home and opened it. The first thing I noticed was how unbelievable the color was. I ordered the brown FQHH, which looked amazing in photos, but the depth and richness of the color are so much more pronounced in-person. I got it with green OD stitching and cotton drill lining. The weight of the jacket was pretty remarkable, and man was it stiff. First thing I did when I took it out of the box was stand it on the floor. Sure enough, the jacket stood there on its own, just like I'd seen in all the photos. Pretty incredible. I put it on. The fit was--is--absolutely perfect. Honestly, the jacket has surpassed all my expectations. I've been wearing it since I opened the box, breaking it in. Couldn't be happier with the jacket, with Aero, and with Insurrection. So glad I made this purchase!

Attached a photo (apologies for the blur; just don't like plastering my face up on the web).

Last edited:

bicktrav

New in Town
Congrats on new jacket & FYI, you cannot just attach a photo as it would seem for this forum. You have to post photo to a hosting site & use the IMG url to reference it. HTH

Yeah, trying to do it through Photobucket, but it's telling me the URL is invalid. Not sure what the issue is.

majormajor

One Too Many
Hi bicktrav. Welcome to the forum.

To up a photo, just host the pic on somewhere like photobucket or imageshack, and then paste the direct link (which will be listed on the host's page) into your post, using the "image" icon (square pale green one) from the icons at the top of the posting box. Alternatively, just add the BB code if you know it.

Hope that helps;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very sharp looking jacket. Congratulations. The downside is that you won't be able to stop with just one:D

schitzo

Suspended
Damn that looks good. Is it a size 38 per chance? Looks like it's had the insurrection extra length treatment too, which has worked out beautifully for you.

Congrats on a great jacket and a great choice of model.

Now that you knoiw how to upload photos, and if the urge should take you, feel free to go right ahead and post a few more ;)

All the best
Schitz

bicktrav

New in Town
Damn that looks good. Is it a size 38 per chance? Looks like it's had the insurrection extra length treatment too, which has worked out beautifully for you.

Congrats on a great jacket and a great choice of model.

Now that you knoiw how to upload photos, and if the urge should take you, feel free to go right ahead and post a few more ;)

All the best
Schitz

Yep, this is a 38 from Insurrection. I was pretty concerned about the fit when I was ordering, but I gave Wade my height and a couple measurements and he just said, "Yeah, I know exactly how to fit it for you. Don't worry." The fit couldn't have come out better.

borisna

A-List Customer
I read about the hot water idea here, and it worked for my Aero like a charm :) I guess it will develop the shape on it's own but it will take much longer

bicktrav

New in Town
By the way, would love to hear your break-in tips if anyone has any. I've been wearing the jacket pretty much nonstop since I got it (despite the weather not being cold enough to support that choice). It's softened a bit, but I feel like it's going to take months of wear to actually get broken-in. Don't mind that at all actually, but would love to hear how you guys have broken yours in.

Also, how do you all store your jacket? I had no idea heavy the FQHH would be, and I don't think a standard hanger is a good idea. I've just been laying it on the couch each night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot