Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Sheene - Pics

technovox

One Too Many
Thanks for the info, T. Might have to sell the Johnson, huh? Hmm... I'm also 6'2" and wear a 42 jacket.... I was planning to drop the kidney panel on the M-200J and add a double-yoked back/shoulder, but I'm really digging that single-yoked back on your Aero. Food for thought. Of course, if you end up selling your Johnson, I'd be sorely tempted.... Thanks again!

You're a bit taller than me, but we both wear a size 42- so it just might work. Feel free to email me off-site if you're interested. Cheers!

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your detailed responses. This is the most option-available purchase I've embarked on. Watches and stereo gear are FAR simpler. :)

Jeigernaut

New in Town
Hey Techno,. I didnt want to hijack the other sheene thread but it got me curious if yours is showing break in yet. If so would you mind posting a pic or 2?

technovox

One Too Many
Hey Techno,. I didnt want to hijack the other sheene thread but it got me curious if yours is showing break in yet. If so would you mind posting a pic or 2?
Here you go, J. I'm not sure if the wear really shows up that well in the pics, but my Sheene jacket is definitely getting a bit more pliable, and more character after 6 months. (And in fairness, the jacket shares a bit of day-to-day rotation time with my 30's Half-belt, and Himel.)
The close-ups are more true to the actual color.

sheene041414.JPG collar.JPG pocket.JPG sleeve.JPG

06911s

New in Town
Thank you Technovox for sharing the pictures! Your Sheene is breaking in nicely, I hope to have a similar outcome with mine in few months of intermittent wear.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well this has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. I was pretty sure I was going to order a 30's half belt with a bit of added length (or just the plainsman) but this looks very much like what I'm after.....decisions decisions

markforce

New in Town
Well this has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. I was pretty sure I was going to order a 30's half belt with a bit of added length (or just the plainsman) but this looks very much like what I'm after.....decisions decisions

Uh-huh -- I am debating whether this can co-exist with the cordovan wayfarer (and am pretty sure it is but... try explaining this to the boss).

markforce

New in Town
Question re: design if you will. I like pretty much everything about the jacket presented by the OP. Any thoughts on how removing the front chest pocket but to 'insert' a deep sloping yoke instead would like like (the yoke as per the zip sleeve HWM on Aero's website)?

technovox

One Too Many
Question re: design if you will. I like pretty much everything about the jacket presented by the OP. Any thoughts on how removing the front chest pocket but to 'insert' a deep sloping yoke instead would like like (the yoke as per the zip sleeve HWM on Aero's website)?

I'm not a big fan of upper yokes on the front of leather jackets. Particularly in this case- I find the beauty of the Sheene is in the simplicity of the design. But that's just my personal opinion...

Peacoat

Bartender
I find the beauty of the Sheene is in the simplicity of the design. But that's just my personal opinion...

I agree. That is what drew me to the Sheene.

Techno, your posting pics of your Sheene is what got me interested in it, and later ordering it.

I believe you are the one who got me interested in Johnson Leathers also. Now I have two from Alan.

So, my request is to please join another forum so I will stop spending money!

markforce

New in Town
I'm not a big fan of upper yokes on the front of leather jackets. Particularly in this case- I find the beauty of the Sheene is in the simplicity of the design. But that's just my personal opinion...

...asked for opinions and appreciate yours. I mean, the simplistic design is certainly what attracts me too, as is the clear and slim lines. The wayfarer is quite busy by comparison and I am looking for something to contrast and complement that. Is the Sheene a (much) tighter fit than your 30ties half-belt btw?

technovox

One Too Many
Is the Sheene a (much) tighter fit than your 30ties half-belt btw?
I find that the Sheene (size 42 same as the 30's Half-belt) is a tad wider in the shoulders than the 30's Half-belt, but narrower through the waist. So it accents a V-shape/athletic type physique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff