Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new "Alexander leathers" Dakota in Black Goat

Charlie

Familiar Face
Well, I've got some lovely aeros (especially the old ones), my two LW are very well constructed, but the hide have some "plastic" feeling to me, my estman is very nice also, very "period correct".

All this manufacturers are at the same general level of quality (including Alexander) IMHO

nevadapd

Familiar Face
By talking about an "air de famille" check this :

The man on the left
j6_zpse7772293.jpg

4%2520am%252008-05-2012%2520um%252013.19%2520%25233.jpg

DSCN2929_zps96fd4a5e.jpg

thanks for the comment about the fit, certainly due to my perfect body ! ;-))

As I wrote as I'm a "vintage size"'s guy between 38 and 40, I have found a lot of jackets for a song in the early days of Ebay back in 2004 ! I have stopped Ebaying jackets because I own to many, price is too hight for what I'm intresseting in now -rare birds-, and custom charges are too heavy from the united states as I live in France...

Nice looking new jacket, and nice collection of vintage outerwear as well...you are truly fortunate to possess that "vintage size." In my youth, I was close to it, and I still have some vintage jackets I can no longer wear. Age and genetics have made me into someone those old jackets no longer fit. Perhaps that's an excuse to get new ones that do. Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Bon jour Charlie,

tres bien the jacket and gratulation to your amazing collections.

I think your collection is good for some interessting treads ;-))

Olli

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That jacket is really growing on me. I like the pocket flaps and particularly like that it doesn't have cargo pockets. I like the taper, the half belt and the fact it is black (not the inevitable brown) and goatskin (not the inevitable horse). A really nice item.

Last edited:

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mine came in today and, for the money, it's a no brainer. Seal goatskin. Very supple and wearable out of the box. It's very well constructed. I only have one leather jacket to compare it with (horsehide A2 by Aero) and the difference is clear: the horsehide jacket was so much stiffer and heavier than this jacket.. I am pleasantly surprised with this goat-jacket. The clean lines and no fuss appearance particularly appealed to me.

Charlie

Familiar Face
hello

I was also very pleased of the excellent quality of the goatskin, I'm wearing my jacket on a quasi daily and the hide is breaking in very quickly and nicely, especially in the elbow area !

The pernicious "fever jacket " gets me again ! I'm now in the mood to buy an aeromarine in cream horsehide but two things are retaining me by now:

the price (more than there others new patrens, maybe more difficult to cut, needs more surface of hide ?)
the "body" of the jacket that seem roomy and very large for a 38 on the picture in the thread (maybe because it's a different and more "boxy" patern, than my others halfbelt jackets ?)

I'm expecting soon some others pictures of the aeromarine, in order to forge me a conviction

Best regards

Charlie

Last edited:

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
image_zps8474b1f8.jpg

image_zpseef56467.jpg

The lighting in my son's room was the best I could get.. difficult to take pics by myself.. I'm pleased with the jacket. It's a good fit, some pics do not show how it really wears but alas..

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
I think the lighting is fine. The fit is even better, looks very good on you. What leather is that? Is it the unfortunately named 'grease steer' per chance?

thanks,
no it is seal-goatskin. The goatskin is a nice quality.. it's difficult to see the pebbles on the pictures.. I like the texture of it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That seal goat looks great!

To those in the know more than I, do you think that the seal goat would suit a teamster jacket? I'm looking at ordering my third, already have a brown fqhh cafe racer and a black jerky highwayman and I'd prefer each to be different in style, leather and colour.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot