My new favorite jacket custom Aero Sheene

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Big7, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Looking good ........

2. GregO

GregO One of the Regulars

Looks good. The cordo color will mellow as it gets worn in, yet retain a richness to it. Do the typical needed work to get the collar to your liking - molding, maybe some HWT - and wear the piss out of the jacket. As it molds to you, it will really look good since you’re starting with a really well fitting jacket.

You done good...in my opinion.

3. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

You made all the right decisions with sizing on that one! Fits and looks spectacular, congratulations! And the best thing about Aero jackets is, they only gets better the more you wear them. The cordovan will look even more fantastic once broken in and the jacket form further to your body. Congratulations! Now wear it for atleast a few weeks before you order the next one! :D

4. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Beauty. Very interesting that at 5’8” you went with a 26.5 length which to my eye is absolutely perfect! Thanks for posting

5. Big7

Big7 One of the Regulars

What’s so interesting about it? Was it to short ? To long ?
    Thanks guys for kind comments and compliments. I was going to go with vicenza, but I really liked cxl on the fit jacket, and figured that tumbled cxl will be something in the middle. It’s really cool, pliable soft enough with some substance, I strongly recommend if you think that regular cxl FQHH to stiff

nick123 likes this.
  6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

It looks boss. As others have said, the color will "mute" in time as it gets worn. It actually looks pretty great for being basically new, and that's an envious fit. Brown schmown. I was scrolling through your photos with Moby Grape in the background and you matched the sequence of the music. That's a compliment!

7. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Interesting in that it’s perfect! Length is a fickle mistress and I would have thought that 26.5 would have only looked right on someone 6 foot +.

8. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Well done, Big7. Using Carrie takes the worry out of getting the size correct.

sweetfights and Fanch like this.
  9. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I am 5' 8" and a 26.5" jacket would be too long for me. I usually hover around 24" - 25" long but you are a bigger guy than me. I am a typical size M.

I have a 18" wide shoulder and weigh 160LB with a more slight build than you.

ai00344 likes this.
  10. Dphillip

Dphillip Familiar Face

Congrats! That jacket and fit is perfect!

11. Big7

Big7 One of the Regulars

I guess it could of been a bit shorter. I guess when I tried fit jacket in 42, I didn't really paid attention to the length it looked and felt ok to me, so I decided to stick with it

ai00344 likes this.
  12. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

No complaints here. I think it looks great on you.

ai00344 likes this.
  13. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

You couldn't have gotten a better fit. As @Peacoat has said multiple times, Carrie takes all of the guesswork out of the equation. HOWEVER, you need to recall your initial comment "in retrospect, I should of went with brown instead of cordovan" and order a Seal Brown Vicenza Sheene as a companion jacket. Since you would be changing color and tanning features, there would be absolutely no duplication.;)

14. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Simple lines, a good fit and a beautiful color...just doesn't get better than that!! Awesome jacket!!

15. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Damn that’s a good looking Sheene!! I’ve just taken delivery of a brown one, no pockets, tartan lining. Now I to decide between that and the Hooch Hauler!!

AeroFan_07 and sweetfights like this.
  16. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

That fit is incredible! Love the color as well.

17. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Fit, colour & style are all stand out!

18. Fortehus

Fortehus Familiar Face

Awesome jacket. Great sleeve length fit.

Is it just my perspective or is the chest and shoulder a bit to big that make it looks like big drop from chest to waist?

Or is it because of no bi swing back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

The Sheene is based on the CR pattern which by design has wide shoulders, relatively big chest and a strong taper towards the waist. OPs jacket in fact has even less taper than usual, as he asked for 1" extra room in the body.

Fortehus likes this.
  20. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One Too Many

Well done, that is a jacket friend

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk