Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "new" hat!

Feraud

Bartender
Just purchased a hat. It is a Stetson Whippet. The condition looks mint to me. The inside leather band is perfect with no wear to the gold text. The liner is perfectly clean.
The outside needs a dusting and perhaps a reblock. I recently contacted Art regarding work on another hat and am considering sending this along for a cleaning.
Here are more details..
A delicious chocolate brown color with bound brim.
The crown is 5 inches unbashed with a brim length of approx. 2 9/16ths inches.
The lining reads Royal Stetson and Whippet.
The original price tag of $10.00 (those were the days..) is attached. Included in the Stetson box is an inspection ticked by Mr. Leroy Farley of quality assurance.
Here are a couple of pictures. Excuse the quality, I am at work..

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

Damon Falzone

One of the Regulars
Feraud, I love your new Whippet. Just a few months ago I won a Stetson Whippet on ebay. It's a light blue-grey color with a darker grey ribbon. Very classy looking. I cleaned it, reshaped it with a little steam, cleaned the bound edge with a little naphta and finally, went over the entire hat with very fine sandpaper and a brushing. It looks brand new! Give it a try. Enjoy your "new" hat.

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
they have great style

After finding a bargain and passing it on to Johnnysan on a Whippet that was too small for me, I have been on the lookout for another. I found one on eBay the other day (when two 7 5/8s ended within a few minutes of each other). Although not a bargain, the hat is a winner.

It fits perfectly and the felt is flawless. The ribbon has a line that is either stained or sun-faded, and I really suspect sun-fading. After a thorough blasting with air, a good beating with a soft hat brush, and some steaming, I am wearing it.

I might have to send it off to do something about that ribbon one of these days, but it already has drawn a couple compliments. I winced when I won, but I have no regrets now that it is in hand.

P.S. Mine is no where near as nice as Feraud's

Feraud

Bartender
Dave Keith said:
I winced when I won, but I have no regrets now that it is in hand.
haha. I know the feeling.
Thank you all for the compliments. I am going camping this weekend and will not bring the Whippet. I will be dreaming of wearing it come Monday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy