Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new jacket reeks of linseed oil.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Just good old Wear and tear. Not much you can do about that cuff, Keep it ply with a bit of mink oil or something on it, Personally I like a Ratty old Jacket more than a brand spankin new one...more character!

I wouldn't use mink oil - I find it rots stitching and only temporarily makes the leather looks better - dries out quickly. I'd use Pecards as used by the Smithsonian Institution on their leather or Lexol an easy spray on that vintage car clubs use to maintain leather upholstery.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I hear somewhere before mink oil Rots stitches, probly the case...most of the stitching on my 70 year old leather collection was questionable to begin with.

I should probly spring for *the good stuff* to oil my jackets, too bad I never see it for sale over the counter of my local shops.

Maybe at christmas I might treat my Jackets to something luxurious.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I hear somewhere before mink oil Rots stitches, probly the case...most of the stitching on my 70 year old leather collection was questionable to begin with.

I should probly spring for *the good stuff* to oil my jackets, too bad I never see it for sale over the counter of my local shops.

Maybe at christmas I might treat my Jackets to something luxurious.

Pecards is what I use on my jackets. You can buy it online from Pecards or you get it at your local Harley Davidson dealership...where they call it "Harley Dressing". Pecards sells the stuff to Harley; they repackage it and raise the price.

AF

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Sorry...they call it "Harley Leather Dressing".

0000975_300.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto