Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new leather - Real McCoys Rough Out Type 3

767fo

One of the Regulars
Can't blame a guy for being super excited for sure. I've been that way about a new jacket and other things many times myself.
'Freedom of speech' seems always bantered around by those who feel like they can say whatever they want where ever they want without any repercussion or objection. However this actually rarely applies to many/most forums since there are forum rules that supersede. It as if you are visiting someone else's domain or home. You might say what you want but if your actions become too outrageous the owner may not invite you back or even allow you in the door. Then you can stand out on the sidewalk and shout that 'you have rights' as much as you want. Vulgar language and 'freedom of speech' doesn't work in most peoples homes, but respect and consideration for everyone in the household does.
Two differing opinions here but which one is actually disrespectful. Let me guess....

Well said

Benj

One of the Regulars
And I thought I was going light on the language on that post ;) I had to reread it to see if I said anything really crazy! I figured that we're all adults here, talking about leather jackets of all things, so that kind of language would be fine as long as it wasn't too gratuitous. At least we can all agree that the leather was cool!

thanks for all the kind words guys, again.

@Monitor, it's a Good Art HlYWD Model 10B. Akin to the Japanese leathers in the jewelry world I would say... obscenely expensive, but very special. I actually made a video on it if you're interested!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jesus Christ! Nobody was anything but utterly respectful, considerate and nice in this thread! Why has this been brought up!?

Honestly, I read the thread 5-6 times to try and work out what was being referenced as offensive and decided the offending post had been deleted.

After even more posts still referencing it, I finally found the single expletive.

That's all it was right? 1 single word used to emphasise how happy Benj was?

I'm all for manners but do "manners" extend to us telling another grown adult what language he can or can't use? In my book a gentleman may realise another person has committed a paux par but they also have the grace not to publicly embarrass them over it.

@Monitor, it's a Good Art HlYWD Model 10B. Akin to the Japanese leathers in the jewelry world I would say... obscenely expensive, but very special. I actually made a video on it if you're interested!

I am. Thank you for sharing the video. It's a really, really nice bracelet! I've noticed it right away. Clasp is the best part. I wear these all the time during summer, kinda instead of jackets. I've noticed they damage the sleeve. Well, the ones I got which I mostly made myself from junk and leather straps. Anyway, seems really heavy, the chain is super chunky but that's the best part. Really kickass stuff!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I had to re-read several times before finding anything remotely offensive. I found 1 word that could possibly be the culprit, but honestly this is a major overreaction on Hoosier's part.

Nobody was being disrespectful and on most forums, words like this are commonplace and accepted as long as nobody is attacking each other.

@Benj Like I already told you, the jacket looks amazing as does the construction. With the hide flaws being on the inside, there is no reason to be anything other than happy with the jacket.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
I have basically this exact same jacket made by Levi's as a slim fit re issued version of a vintage jacket they used to make back in the day. I've included a picture of the new version and the old vintage version which lacks a button closure at the sleeve and looks a lot less fitted. Levi's Vintage Clothing line also has what is basically an exact replica of the old version, with snaps instead of buttons and no sleeve closure, but I prefer the modern slim fit take by a mile.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    791.8 KB · Views: 1,246

Benj

One of the Regulars
Lmao to all.

Thanks gav! Yeah, I love it. Smells so damn good, and I’m just so stoked on how it fits. I honestlu couldn’t ask for a better fit even if it was tailored, at least for my tastes.

technovox

One Too Many
Lately, I've had a sweet spot for Type 3 (Trucker) jackets in leather and suede. They just don't seem to get as much play as the half-belts, military, or motorcycle jackets on this forum, but they're really just as much of a timeless classic. And there are so many interesting variations.
Maybe we could use a "Post your Leather Type 3/Trucker Jacket" thread?
Good to see your post and a beautiful jacket!

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

To be fair, the other thread is non-discriminatory, its just what jacket are you wearing..not even specifically leather. I'm sure I've put my waxed cotton Truckers on there at some point and I haven't been stoned or banned....yet

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have basically this exact same jacket made by Levi's as a slim fit re issued version of a vintage jacket they used to make back in the day. I've included a picture of the new version and the old vintage version which lacks a button closure at the sleeve and looks a lot less fitted. Levi's Vintage Clothing line also has what is basically an exact replica of the old version, with snaps instead of buttons and no sleeve closure, but I prefer the modern slim fit take by a mile.
For a year or so Filson made a Filson Levi Trucker Jacket in tan and black tin cloth, although their black model was only listed for a few weeks. I bought their tan model in XL that is not only a slim fit but also has a 27" back length and 27" sleeves. I wish I had jumped on their black model as last time I looked, both models are being sold on eBay in the $400 - $600 range, which is 2-3 times their original price. When Filson discontinued their Filson Levi jacket, they replaced it with one that is not particularly slim fitting and has short sleeves to boot!

BTW @Benj your jacket you just posted looks and appears to fit you to perfection.

Lately, I've had a sweet spot for Type 3 (Trucker) jackets in leather and suede. They just don't seem to get as much play as the half-belts, military, or motorcycle jackets on this forum, but they're really just as much of a timeless classic. And there are so many interesting variations.
Good to see your post and a beautiful jacket!

They're awesome. And the best part, the moment I got an itch, that Vanson appeared out of nowhere and the even better part was the price! It's so satisfying landing a jacket like that, when you just don't have a clue how to upgrade on it. Maybe LW but maybe not.
5a1.jpg

5b1.jpg

1-1-fba91.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ