Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Lost worlds 4oz Suburban and comparison with 4.5oz Test

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Got this jacket few days ago, very very nice and comfortable, here are some comparison with my 4.5oz Test, which I bought two months ago, both are stock jacket.

Hide: 4oz Suburban feel more lighter and pliable, especially when you wear it on, it doesn't gives you feel of protection like Test. I heard lots of people argue the LW jacket lacks of character, certainly not in this jacket, while 4.5oz Test took two months to show some grain.

Fit: Suburban in general is longer than Test, but shorter sleeve, but it is not a tight fitting jacket.

Weight : It is very subject opinion, I would say Suburban is lightweight jacket for me, while Test is definitely heavy weight. Suburban is 6.2 lbs, Test is 7.2 lbs.

cc3888ca249b4901073a30b914b53586.jpg
af379928b9ad06d63a052a598a097941.jpg
870de7a1ae39051f79584e62dc7f5f03.jpg
238944e8056703c12845b67b1849cb31.jpg
44603d8efa0558581e1a058514e383d6.jpg

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Thanks much, guys!! I was looking for a lighter jacket because the temperature is getting warmer here, the Suburban 4oz HH is exactly what I need, I am surprised how well it handles temperature change, from 5°C to 13°C, it is all comfortable with just t-shirt underneath, and it is absolutely windproof, I can't be more pleased.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I've got a Test and Suburban too. Like them both. Nothing better for inclement weather. LW will go in weather others simple can't.

Thanks Terry, actually I don't know LW until I discovered your video, but it is kind of strange, your suburban has longer sleeve than Test, I was hesitate to buy suburban because of that, and turns out it was shorter like Stuart said.

Chigger

New in Town
Beautiful jackets. I love my Easy Rider. And I would love to have a Suburban too. Good luck with it.

Peacoat

Bartender
Now they look the business. A 4 oz. leather and above is definitely a motorcycle jacket. Don't know that I would want to wear one that heavy as a casual jacket.

PMThinks

New in Town
Thanks for the comparison. I have a Suburban (44) I am thinking of replacing with a size 46 because I like, as Stuart would say, a bit more room. But I have also been thinking about an LW Test or a Roadhouse, both very nice jackets. I have an LW Pea Coat and an LW Raider, as well as an Aero LHB in Brown CXFQHH. LW and Aero are very high quality jackets and worth the price. BTW, does LW have a summer discount every year, and how do you find out about it?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looks very nice. Seems the black jacket (the new one) fits you better in the sleeve area. I think 4 oz HH or Steerhide is about the most I would want for daily wear. Great choice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner