Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new second hand Buco J-24 (The Real McCoy's)

JB Dela Cruz

New in Town
17A4D612-6F37-452B-BA4D-11852911317B.jpeg
B7EC9E2A-451C-418C-BB32-7D91C0309F0A.jpeg
A2E210F9-7605-423A-BCA5-EBBAE461556E.jpeg
3CF2707E-13E4-4E21-88B3-FA81EBB3A13B.jpeg
86094460-1DAF-41D7-A408-2642CF8ACBE6.jpeg
FA9EB279-9B5B-48CC-B71F-3C7E20B08A63.jpeg
I have a second hand Real McCoy's Buco J-24 that I've had for some time now. The jacket is awesome and probably my favorite jacket to wear. I am curious how old it is. It has green quilt. The leather is well patina'ed but does not have the same tea core effect as the newer ones, but has a black and gray patina. All Talon zips with diamond pulls on the front pockets...and the assymetrical zip ends halfway up the button collar. Also the tag Inside the chest pocket says "Built by The Real McCoy's & Co...Fine Leather Kraft." I'm Interested in knowing what year this was built. Also does anyone know why the zipper only goes halfway up the collar as well as if they still used leather sourced from the Shinki Tannery assuming that this is a significantly older model. Thanks everyone!

I remember a retail store carried these around 2015. Blue in green shop or something like that out of NYC. It’s not an old jacket I don’t think. Beautiful. The zipper stopping short is a design choice and the only thing I don’t care for. Everything else is mint.

Yeah. What's up with that? I've seen on one other jacket. Looks really weird plus I don't think you can even zip the jacket completely up this way.
If I had to guess, I’d say it’s a pattern copy of a mistake made on an original. There’s no logical/functional explanation that I can think of.
You can’t fully close the jacket this way. Not that I ever do anyway. But it is odd.

JB Dela Cruz

New in Town
I remember a retail store carried these around 2015. Blue in green shop or something like that out of NYC. It’s not an old jacket I don’t think. Beautiful. The zipper stopping short is a design choice and the only thing I don’t care for. Everything else is mint.
Thank you..yes it's in awesome condition...fits like it was tailored to me...and I'm not critical on the short zip since I never zip all the way up anyway. The price I paid well compensated for the shorter zip

JB Dela Cruz

New in Town
Mine is before 2014 and almost identical to yours (green lining even same tags) except the zipper is longer and is teacore.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/real-mccoys-buco-j-24.78158/
I think the green lining went back to 2010.
This one seems to have the same short zipper like yours.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w328172710
Yes very similar...short zipper not a big deal since I don't zip it up all the way anyway. I love how it fits though..more tapered and streamlined than my Schott 618.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Makes sense...I messaged The Real McCoy's and just got a reply back stating that it is anywhere from 10-15 years old. I love it though..lucked out with the price and the fit. Yours looks great as well. How are you liking yours?
I have bought three J-24 style jackets and I like RM's leather (shiniki) and zippers but the Few seems to fit me better. Sold the Lost Worlds only because it was too big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui