Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Thedi X Thurston Phenix Quilted Cafe Racer

Radz108

One of the Regulars
I have been wanting to get another horsehide jacket for a while. I got an Aero 30s half belt size 42from Thurston Bros 3 years ago and totally love that jacket. However, I lost quite a bit of weight since then and unfortunately I feel the jacket is at least 2 sizes too big for me. The body and arm length seem more pronounced as well since losing the weight. I am debating to keep it as a winter layering jacket or sell it off :) .

Anyways, I wanted to get a nice slim cafe racer type jacket to match my new physique. I contacted Carrie at Thurston Bros to see what was available off the rack that would fit my measurements (Height 5'6.5", weight 158lbs, Chest 39-40). I was initially looking at an Aero board racer in Vicenza size 42 on their sale page but I felt the arm and body length were too much for my frame. Carrie suggested their Thedi leather cafe racer and upon comparing my measurements with their size measurements, I opted to order the Thedi racer in medium (I wanted a slim fit and I didn't plan to layer with it at all)

After 1 week wait, the jacket arrived today and like many of you who had the privilege to own a Thedi Leather Jacket, I was totally impressed! The jacket feels lighter than my Aero 30s half belt but the leather feels almost as thick, but softer and more pliable. Carrie said the veg tanned italian horsehide is different from Vicenza but just as high quality and would break in and patina just as well. What impressed me more was the fit. It is snug but in no way restrictive and I feel it is arguably the best fitting leather jacket I have.

Here are some photos of me "modelling" it:

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
That is a sharp jacket Radz108! The fit is perfect. It looks snug, but since you said it's not restrictive, you get comfort AND style - lucky man! It's made for your physique, and it's flattering. It looks to be a good one to grow old with. Couple questions: How stiff and restrictive is the padding? Do you know what it's stuffed with? Thanks, Bob

Last edited:

Radz108

One of the Regulars
That is a sharp jacket Radz108! The fit is perfect. It looks snug, but since you said it's not restrictive, you get comfort AND style - lucky man! It's made for your physique, and it's flattering. It looks to be a good one to grow with. Couple questions: How stiff and restrictive is the padding? Do you know what it's stuffed with? Thanks, Bob
Thanks BobJ :)
The areas with padding are a little bit stiffer than the areas without padding but it does not feel restrictive at all. I'm sure the jacket will drape better once it is broken in a little. I don't notice the padding in the short time I have worn it. As to the stuffing, I don't know. Maybe Carrie from Thurston might know.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Wow that really could not fit any better. Thedi again making an epic jacket! I don't even like quilted jackets usually, but I love this.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This one just flew through my radar this morning and concur with what everyone else has said. The look and fit is incredible. Nice to see Thedi continuing to get good press here.

Last edited:
Exactly how it should fit! That's magnificent! Enough good things can't be said about Thedi...I've never seen one that doesn't look absolutely perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko