Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My old flat cap rack runnith over........

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I had to acquire a different rack, got this antique off Ebay. Now I've room for a few more. I haven't decided whether to include any fedoras. There might be a Flat Cap Rack Pact rebellion against the them!!! That's Fats Waller on the phonograph.

IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Impressive corner of your abode sir. Cheers to the continuity of your accoutrements.

Including the ball cap you only have 8 days of a month covered. By my calculation you are short 23 caps or fedoras for a "long month" of 31 days. If we can surmise what forum standards are as shared by regular posters on the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread, you may need upwards of 50+ fedoras/caps to be ready for the Fall/Winter felt/wool season. ;) :cool:

Lovely pics.
Best, Eric -

I have another that I keep in a block. Early 30s Campaign hat by Stetson with 5th Cavalry Regt DI and yellow Cav hat cord. The neck strap is a repop due to authentic ones are hard to find with the leather not already rotten or only good for display only. I wear this one along with a 1935 1SG uniform on occasions.

View attachment 133187 View attachment 133188

Did you make that brim press? That’s a handy thing to have and I really like the design of yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Did you make that brim press? That’s a handy thing to have and I really like the design of yours.

Can't say I did. Bought it off Ebay that had a more modern day hat in it. My dad made one for me when I was a Drill back in the 70s. It was made out of two 3/4 in plywood blocks. The halves had hinges and it locked. As I do to this one, I spray super hold hair spray on the brim before putting it in the press. It's makes the brim quite stiff and impossible to bend either up or down, even when I would place the brim against a recruit's forehead to get his attention to what I was saying, it didn't bend but left a long lasting impression on the recruits forehead. :D

RJR

Can't say I did. Bought it off Ebay that had a more modern day hat in it. My dad made one for me when I was a Drill back in the 70s. It was made out of two 3/4 in plywood blocks. The halves had hinges and it locked. As I do to this one, I spray super hold hair spray on the brim before putting it in the press. It's makes the brim quite stiff and impossible to bend either up or down, even when I would place the brim against a recruit's forehead to get his attention to what I was saying, it didn't bend but left a long lasting impression on the recruits forehead. :D
:cool:

hatguy1

One Too Many
I had to acquire a different rack, got this antique off Ebay. Now I've room for a few more. I haven't decided whether to include any fedoras. There might be a Flat Cap Rack Pact rebellion against the them!!! That's Fats Waller on the phonograph.

View attachment 133067 View attachment 133068

Man, that’s some nice gear in that photo. Love the vintage baseball uniform.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Impressive corner of your abode sir. Cheers to the continuity of your accoutrements.

Including the ball cap you only have 8 days of a month covered. By my calculation you are short 23 caps or fedoras for a "long month" of 31 days. If we can surmise what forum standards are as shared by regular posters on the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread, you may need upwards of 50+ fedoras/caps to be ready for the Fall/Winter felt/wool season. ;) :cool:

Lovely pics.
Best, Eric -
Yeah, what he said....for the first year!!
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ