Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Sale of the Decade - Hats, Eyeglasses, Suits, Shirts

havershaw

Practically Family
Well, folks, I have some very sad news to report.
You know how I've always said I have a very patient wife?
Well, her patience has run out, and after 13 years, we are splitting up.
As a result, I have decided to part with a good deal of my collection. I have listed it all on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/havershaw/m...e=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are many pairs of vintage eyeglasses, quite a few vintage suits, and many of my favorite vintage fedoras. There are also a few other vintage odds and ends on there.
The condition on a lot of the clothing is not pristine, as I wore it all quite a bit. Some of it is a bit worn. But if you're looking for some reasonably presentable duds for a decent price, you could do a lot worse. None of the clothing listed were in bad enough condition to keep me from wearing it personally, for whatever that's worth.
I wear a 38/40 in jackets and a 7 - 7 1/8 in hats. A lot of the items are my size, but there are a handful that are bigger and smaller.
I suppose I may have more time to be a bit more active on this board, so I guess that's sort of a positive?
I haven't gone through my shirt and pant closet yet either, so I will likely have more to list in the coming weeks.
Feel free to message me with any questions.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
So sorry for your news! That's a lovely collection you have, and I'm sorry you have to part with it. May it be better times for you to come.

Aaron

havershaw

Practically Family
Sorry for the delay. For some reason, my notification emails were going into my spam folder, so I didn't know anyone had posted here.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Without getting into details...this is the most devastating thing I've ever gone through. Completely out of the blue, and out of my hands. Doing my best to cope with life one day at a time.

A few things I had for sale didn't sell. I also have another wave of stuff I'll be putting up in the next week or so (no more hats, though - that was the last of them, unless I stumble across another stash in my storage).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I hope things work out well for you, havershaw. My first marriage ended in divorce more than 20 years ago now (not a surprise in our case, it was just a matter of time) and was tough on our kids. People are resilient though and we worked through it.

Hang in there!

I grabbed a hat in your mega sale - you must have been rather busy packing up stuff with all those auctions finishing at the same time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner