Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Saturday

panamag8or

Practically Family
After sleeping in, I started off with a fine shave with some Italian shaving cream and a new blade...

Saw #4 Gulf Coast split a softball doubleheader with #1 Chipola, sure to help when the next poll comes out... (my daughter plays for GC)

Got home, had 3 fingers of Glenlivet 12 and a Padron 1926 while the coals burned...

Cooked 3 of the most tender top sirloins ever in the history of the world, marinated in a little Dale's, with baked potatoes and steamed asparagus in some butter...

If only every Saturday could be like this...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well that sounds like a fantastic way to spend a Saturday:)
How bout' sending up some of that warm weather and a couple of steaks up here to Boston. It's so gross out my roommate and I haven't left the house all day. I'm going stir crazy and spending too much money shopping online.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better:( Of course a few rare and juicy steaks and some sunshine might just do the trick:D

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Sounds just lovely! Could I impose on you to talk to the weather gods, and ask them to send some warmth up here please?:)
I'm waiting for a day when it feels like summer, but spring was in the air today so I'm hopefull, now I'm just waiting for my Irish coffee to take the chill off the evening:D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mucking out

Well, I've had a highly productive day of getting rid of stuff. I now have a small mountain of misc items for the thrift store, and as soon as I can get the door open (it's drifted up pretty badly out there) I'll take it. But it's really nasty foul ugly frozen stuff out there. Imagine billions of dirt flavored snow cones coming down from the sky, that's what we've had in the Northeast.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I had to go in to work to do some list minute stuff on a book on the artist J.C. Leyendecker that I've been working on. I got out and took what was supposed to be a short nap that somehow turned into a 3 hour one, and ended up missing the Slim Cessna's Auto Club show I was planning on attending.:eusa_doh: Sleep! A mixed blessing, I'm telling ya..;)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Snow

Of all the things that must really make life hard with the Northern Hemisphere weather it is snow - especially when it stops you leaving the house.

What did people do to stay warm in 1775 etc in those pre-modern homes?

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I had a side of softball on Saturday morning my self. It was rather chilly for the south that morning, 30's. My daughter (8) had pictures at 9:00 am then a game, they won 14-10. Got home took a very hot shower, make some drawers for the hubby, some friends came over cooked corned beef and gabbage, had some irish wiskey and called it a nite. I'd say it was a wonderful Saturday well spent.

koopkooper

Practically Family
Well I had the chance to indulge in two loves on saturday.

I got to drive my recent vehicle purchase ....a 1965 Chrysler Valiant out of town to play golf for four hours! Ahh the open road in a classic car and golf, what more could a man want!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
i had some colleagues who couldnt make it to their weekend shift, so I pulled some overtime, after I shovelled the snow at home. Then ran off for drinks & dancing w/ some local lounge members.
I dont like to let the weather slow me down.

big kahuna

Familiar Face
Wine country adventure

With temperatures hovering 'round 80 degrees, the wife and I drove 2 hours or so north to Napa valley..toured a couple of wineries and had lunch at the Culinary Institute of America...perfect weather for a panama brim. :)

(sorry to sll of you who are snow-bound:eusa_doh: )

pretty faythe

One Too Many
yours was better than mine

Your Saturday was soooo much better than mine.
Took my car to a mechanic that I didn't want to go to, but the only one not overly booked, got my water resovoir (spelling) replaced, was told I need a new water pump and housing, cost $700. Needless to say I did not get that done there, just the resevoir. Fell asleep there, took 2 hours, lost my phone. Got online to see if I qualified for any discounts from my carrier and noticed my bill went up $20 from the day before (and I have free nights and weekends). Who ever found my phone was making international phone calls. Grr.
So yeah, you had a much better Saturday than I.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
My Saturday started with two hours of running the snowblower through eight inches of something that resembled a cross between granulated sugar and semi-hardened concrete, then three hours of watching college basketball, then another hour of snowblowing, then I made a batch of pizza that couldn't be beat (oh how I love my pizza stone), a little more basketball, then off to bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn